Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addon/service to block TV episodes not suitable for children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a parent, I've noticed in the least few years, some TV shows (even superhero shows like Supergirl) are starting to throw in unrelated LGBT content/innuendos.  It looks like there are children's cartoons that are starting to do this too.  I've been looking for an online database (free or subscription) that can flag a warning if TV episode contains content not suitable for minors.  Maybe, there's already an addon that does this?  I couldn't find anything on google.
(2017-11-17, 20:34)MKANET Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for an online database (free or subscription) that can flag a warning if TV episode contains content not suitable for minors. 
And under what authority and rules are these classifications supposed to happen?
Every country can have different (and sometimes hypocritical IMO) sentiments/feelings over what is suitable or not.

America, for example:
- A movie can display countless and most horrific killings along with squirting blood in every direction. Heroes doing the killings are glorified to the max. See the Rambo movies.
- A single woman's nipple during a live TV event gives 75+ percent of Americans an immediate heart attack. Companies withdraw their ads and questions are being asked in numerous governments.

Judging which movies/tvshows are 'presentable' as non-LGBTPEQNYSAMRIW... I wouldn't want to be one of those people.
Indeed it's probably a little too subjective ("personal tastes and beliefs" for want of a better way of putting it) to be something that would be workable.

There is a beta addon for muting profanity which might be a part of it (indeed if it works - I've not tried it). But for the other stuff I'd be surprised if there's anything out there.

And as for being unsuitable for minors, I've heard things in my kids school playground that would make a soldier blush. Whether that's an argument for or against what you're seeking I'll leave to your personal taste.
Are children not allowed to know that LGBT people exist?

Also surely you are responsible for what you add to your system. If you wish to censor your children's watching, then don't add the material to your system. Or use profiles.
I don't know if this helps, but IMDB has a section called Parents Guide. It is text based descriptions, so I can't see it utilised in an add-on in any meaningful way.

Here is the Parents Guide for superhero Man of Steel... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/pare...tt_stry_pg

Most films have it.