Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can someone help me with why it's crashing often?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My current Kodi 17.4 build is on my HP Microserver N40L (It has a graphics card for HDMI out and so it can cope with high bitrate 1080p videos)

Often after playing a video and using the menus, the system will crash out to a Linux login screen.

Logs are here if someone could point me in the right direction i'd be most grateful

thanks in advance
Hi,

I'm not sure this is same problem or not. My Kodi (17.6 running on Ubuntu 16.04) also crashes. I can reproduce that it always occur when it is scanning for new media to update library or when I want update addons. Even if I just try to update the standard Version Check Addon from 0.3.24 to 0.3.26, the download progress wait at 0% for few seconds and then kodi crashes.
At least in my case it seems to happen when downloading data from internet (the movie db scrapper or download by addon manger).

Does anybody experience same issue or has idea what's wrong?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a11b7802150...48.log.txt

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Did you check the CPU temperature (run sensors on command line) or ventilation. In my previous Zotac barebone, the fan died and Kodi became super unstable. Wasn't a Kodi or driver issue at the end.
(2017-11-20, 04:31)Endeavour79 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check the CPU temperature (run sensors on command line) or ventilation. In my previous Zotac barebone, the fan died and Kodi became super unstable. Wasn't a Kodi or driver issue at the end.
 only 40odd C, don't think it's that.  thanks for the suggestion though