Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Boot Kodi in Openbox with TV/Bluray Player off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is a follow up questions to an article written by @fritsch. The article was awesome and super helpful, as all of his guide are. Thanks for that!!
I''m referring to a specific piece here:
In my case my BluRay player is connected to the TV via HDMI 1 with ARC. There is a "SmartLink" feature that kicks-in once a signal is detected, and it connects both systems together. Pretty straightforward. The Media Centre is connected to the Samsung BluRay HDMI IN port. If I start the Bluray player first and then start the Media Centre, everything is fine and the Media Centre signal is displayed fine.

Problem is the other way around. If I start MediaCenter first or it's in Display Blank screen saver mode and the BluRay player is still off, and I then start the BluRay Player, the HDMI input isn't detected. I'd assume that somehow the Media Centre doesn't correctly initialize the HDMI signal.

So I implemented this piece from the article but it didn't quite solve the problem. I always have to reboot the Media Centre to get the HDMI signal.

Now we write the following into the created /home/kodi/.config/openbox/autostart file, this will automatically switch your TV to full range (please copy the lines, don't try to type the '` and so on, this code only works for one (1) connected TV, if you have multiple devices extend it to a loop):

Code:
OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"
xsetroot #000000
xset -dpms
devmon &
MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD_=131072 /usr/bin/kodi --standalone
while [ $? -ne 0 ]; do
 MALLOC_MMAP_THRESHOLD_=131072 /usr/bin/kodi --standalone
done
openbox --exit

Did anything change with Ubuntu 17.10 Server on Intel Iris 630 integrated graphics? Do i need to modify or change the script?

Thanks for your input!

Cheers,
End
the problem is that your media center pc cannot read the displays EDID if your bluray player is off. You can get around that by "hardcoding/forcing" your edid. The method depends on which gfx card you use, but there are howtos somewhere on this forum.