Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Libreelec getting stuck at splash screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cant get past the splash screen, it will sit for hours if I let it.  Recently updated my server and since then it really seems only Windows based installs will work.  My Shield (android) will get in and see my MySQL library but wont play anything (unix_err 16 Invalid Argument), the log for Libreelec looks different, looks like a  MySQL error.  Again though, this shared library works fine on Windows installs (although Windows is Kodi 17, libreelec is v18)

Log:
https://pastebin.com/eLcHwt2r
17:02:14.597 T:140512942094080 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos108] The table does not exist

Perhaps the database update from v107 to v108 went wrong somewhere.
Kodi 17 uses MyVideos107
Kodi 18 uses MyVideos108

Rename the 107 database temporarily to avoid the update.
I do have machines with V17 on them and want to keep them on v17.  The libreelec machine is the only one on v18 (for Netflix support).  If I rename the v17 database wont that cause a problem for the v17 clients?
I did type temporarily ;-)
But yeah, the v17 clients will have to wait a couple of minutes.
(2017-11-20, 20:17)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]I did type temporarily ;-)
But yeah, the v17 clients will have to wait a couple of minutes.
I just dropped all the databases (since they are all new anyway) and had Kodi rebuild them.  v18 can get into Kodi, but updating the library does nothing.  Looking at the log I still get:
T:140512942094080   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos108] The table does not exist

This is what MySQL looks like:

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mymusic67          |
| mysql              |
| myvideos108        |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Is it case sensitive?  Kodi is looking for MyVideos108 and MySQL has myvideos108
Running on LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170817210530-#0817-g5666575 [Build #0817] 9.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.12.7

--> Kodi 18 is still pre-Alpha. Expect stuff to break. If you are to start using Kodi 18, keep up with test builds. Using a build from last August is not helping... <--

Ehh.... Sofar database names have been in uppercase+lowercase.
I have no info that this is to change. Could be a stupid naming bug that slipped in.

When I do the 'show databases' query in MySQL 5.7 server I get upper/lowercase names.
What are you using as database server: MySQL or MariaDB or something else?
Have you used OpenELEC before LibreELEC?
(2017-11-20, 20:55)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Running on LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170817210530-#0817-g5666575 [Build #0817] 9.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.12.7

--> Kodi 18 is still pre-Alpha. Expect stuff to break. If you are to start using Kodi 18, keep up with test builds. Using a build from last August is not helping... <--

Ehh.... Sofar database names have been in uppercase+lowercase.
I have no info that this is to change. Could be a stupid naming bug that slipped in.

When I do the 'show databases' query in MySQL 5.7 server I get upper/lowercase names.
What are you using as database server: MySQL or MariaDB or something else?
Have you used OpenELEC before LibreELEC?
I'm using  MySQL 5.5.42 per the  Wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows

I  haven't  used OpenELEC with this setup.   Ive used it in the past, but this setup is  with a  brand new server.  The client is on an older version yes, but  it was  working up until the server change.  I can update the Libreelec version if you think it'd help.
Making  progress.  Updated to the 11/19 v18 release.   Now its saying it cant connect to the MySQL server.

Log
https://pastebin.com/2KQjhCuJ

SMB does work as I can get to the sources and play files from the server on the  libreelec machine.
(2017-11-20, 21:34)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]Now its saying it cant connect to the MySQL server.

That's the previous, old log file. Part of the (possible) update process.
The top log file shows no problem with a database connection.
(2017-11-20, 21:55)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-20, 21:34)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]Now its saying it cant connect to the MySQL server.

That's the previous, old log file. Part of the (possible) update process.
The top log file shows no problem with a database connection. 
Ok, when I try to update library it does nothing.  I cannot get the library to populate.  If I go to the  sources and set content it does nothing and going into set content again puts  it back to none.

https://pastebin.com/Q2bgZuBc