Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Home movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to kodi and use it to display photos, play music and display home movies. I do have a few ripped dvds and I wondered if the way the home movies are displayed in the library could be made to match the ripped movies. Is there a way of manually adding a jpg as "cover art" adding a synopsis and perhaps even jpgs of the cast.
Yes, using NFO files (wiki)
Thank you although I was hoping for something easier - as I said I am new to this. I have about 50 home movies and having looked at a sample nfo file I don't think I will bother. I was hoping for something similar to adding an artist photo in the music section when the scraper can't find it. Kodi allows you to browse to a jpg.
I just nfo'd a bunch of music videos, and it's really not hard at all.  Write up one .nfo file as listed in the Wiki.  Then just copy/paste to another .nfo file, changing the title and path if needed.  15 to 20 files took all of 5 minutes in a Notepad type app on the desktop.  The desired process you describe above would take at least as long from within Kodi.