Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do you add external USB hard drives (HDD) as a source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm trying to add external USB hard drives (HDD) as a source.  But, they aren't listed anywhere in the file explorer?  I've tried looking in /root filesystem, /externalstorage, /internalstorage, etc.?

My device is the Nvidia Shield TV.

ES File Explorer and XPlore can both see and navigate to the USB HDD's.

Thank you!
Look under the files menu - they should be automatically mounted and displayed there.

They're already sources, just set their content and scan to the library.
(2017-11-22, 22:54)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Look under the files menu - they should be automatically mounted and displayed there.

They're already sources, just set their content and scan to the library.
 Thanks, but will the SET CONTENT setting be saved/remembered on a folder?  I did this yesterday and updated my entire library.  Then, today, I turned on my Nvidia Shield TV and tried to play a movie.  It said that it was missing/unavailable, would you like to remove it?

Then, I realized that all of the folders that I SET CONTENT on lost that setting?
It should do yes. Setting content should trigger the scan to library which should be saved, presuming you accept and run it.

It might be a naming issue though if the drive is getting a different name from the OS after the reboot perhaps?