Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile Issue -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've been getting the following error for about 2 weeks now and was wondering if I've missed something about the build process. I've been syncing to the svn tree for the last few months and building without an issue until this issue came about.
Also when the do an apt-get for the latest Fiesty Fawn Ubuntu packages I get an error for libjasper1.
Ajay

-----------------------------------
rm -f FileMMS.o
/usr/bin/ccache g++ -c -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_MMS -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="12552"' -I. -I../ -I../linux -I../../guilib -I../lib/UnrarXLib -I../utils -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I../lib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/Core -I../lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Core -I../lib/libUPnP/Platinum/Source/Devices/MediaServer -I../lib/libUPnP/Platinum/ThirdParty/Neptune/Source/System/Posix FileMMS.cpp -o FileMMS.o
FileMMS.cpp: In member function âvirtual long long int XFILE::CFileMMS::Seek(long long int, int)â:
FileMMS.cpp:49: error: âmms_seekâ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [FileMMS.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ajay/testings/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem'
make: *** [filesystem] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/ajay/testings/XBMC'
You need a newer version of libmms. Looks like someone took my extra checks out of the configure script...
Thanks for looking into this.
Assuming you are talking about libmms-dev, I'm already at the latest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

sudo apt-get install libmms-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libmms-dev is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
liblzo2-2
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 132 not upgraded.
He is refering to an even later version than the one in repository, the one that is in Gutsy ie.
I took the plunge and upgraded to Gutsy. Compiled perfectly. I've lost AC3 sound with the upgrade but then I didnt expect to get this far so easily with the upgrade.
Thanks for all your help..