Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't see copied recordings on NextPVR back end server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added a new hard drive to my NextPVR back end server and added the drive as a secondary recording location. I moved two folders from the default recording location to the new drive. As a result, those recordings no longer show up in the list of recordings. Is there a way to force NextPvr to scan the new drive for content?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2
If the recordings are no longer found at the location NextPVR knows them to live in, it assumes you've manually deleted the files, and it cleans up the database by deleting the recordings out of the database.

If you've still got the c:\users\public\npvr\recordings-dump.xml with those recordings listing, you can edit it to update the path, then use the 'Import Recordings' feature to pull in the listings with their updated locations.

Alternatively you can also use the 'Import Recording' feature and point it as a .ts file to have it re-added to the database.
Thank you.

Unfortunately importing a .ts file produces an unhandled exception: root key missing.

The importing a .ts file feature only works if you recordings are on ntfs drive, since it stores extended metadata about recording. If you've moved it to a non ntfs drive, this extra metadata is lost.