Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: USTV Now issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Since the loss of Covenant I'm finding that the vast majority of what I was watching is no longer available. I upgraded from an older version of Kodi and installation of programs is very different. The person I purchased the Box from has not been particularly helpful and I'm finding the technology to be complicated, certainly not user friendly. I did finally manage to install Kodi's new version, and I've managed to install some add-ons. Of course those that were recommended by an article I read did not exist and the repos he referred to seem to have all disappeared. So I went through every single add on and looked it up online to get a sense of what was available (a tedious process to say the least not to mention time consuming). 

The most promising add on to meet my television viewing interests is USTV Now. So I installed it using the trusty Kodi program and received a message indicating I needed to set up an account at their website. No problem, I did that. Of course, it still didn't work. Keep getting error messages that my credentials are no good. So I emailed USTV Now, and they indicated that they aren't compatible with Kodi (why have it as an add on if it isn't compatible) and then sent me a link for a forum here that did not address in any way my particular problem.

So here I sit with a device that at this point is now pretty useless for what I purchased it for and it's falling short of the hype. I've got friends and family who are all feeling similarly though they have not made the effort I have to get it working. Frustrated beyond measure I am here with the hope that someone who can translate instructions into everyday English and tell me what I need to do to be happy with the device again. In particular, why am I being told my credentials don't work, how do I get this magical password and username that the proprieters of the add on seem not to have?

Any recommendation?
You use your ustv now credentials.
Hello @wweller1967

Sounds like you purchased a fully loaded box from a retailer. It is no surprise that the retailer is unable to help you. We hear these stories all too often.

To ensure there is no confusion, Kodi does not sell boxes of any description. The purchase you made is completely unrelated to us here at Kodi. The Kodi software is free

As for the USTVNow add-on, if you did not download it from here, then it is a banned item. Hopefully you did download from here Wink

Who knows what has been loaded on your equipment. You would be best wiping it and reloading a fresh updated version of Kodi. (it's free!!)

Some reading to help you understand your dilemma... https://kodi.tv/article/having-issues-fr...tv-streams
(2017-11-26, 07:26)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You use your ustv now credentials.
 Thanks  but when I asked for those from USTV Now they sent me here saying their addon isn't compatible with Kodi, the credentials I use to log into USTV Now's website, the Kodi addon claims are no good.
(2017-11-26, 07:47)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @wweller1967

Sounds like you purchased a fully loaded box from a retailer. It is no surprise that the retailer is unable to help you. We hear these stories all too often.

To ensure there is no confusion, Kodi does not sell boxes of any description. The purchase you made is completely unrelated to us here at Kodi. The Kodi software is free

As for the USTVNow add-on, if you did not download it from here, then it is a banned item. Hopefully you did download from here Wink

Who knows what has been loaded on your equipment. You would be best wiping it and reloading a fresh updated version of Kodi. (it's free!!)

Some reading to help you understand your dilemma... https://kodi.tv/article/having-issues-fr...tv-streams
I completely reset the entire X92 and started from scratch. I understand that Kodi is free software and not affiliated the box. Though I do get confused if Wave Tv is my TV, a form of Kodi, or another software program altogether.

At any rate, everything I install onto the TV is directly from the add on via the repository.

So I guess I still have the questions.

1. How do I get my USTV Now credentials to work with the addon so that I can actually try using it? Remember the credentials that work to log into the website the addon claims are no good and the website claims their incompatible so they aren't in a hurry to give me any other username or password.

2. Are there any addons that are even remotely comparable to Covenant? Many of the addons that were worth having are gone since I've reset the tv and installed the new Kodi software. Or, is there another software program besides Kodi that has access to addons that work?

3. I'd really like to be able to watch the television and movies that I enjoy. I don't have issue paying for it, not out for free viewing. But I live in rural New Brunswick Canada and their cable television is nothing short of pathetic and not worth paying for. For a few glorious months I was able to watch all of the shows I enjoy and I'd like to be able to do that again. So, does anyone have any suggestions that a Movie/TV nerd with moderate technological skills can do to resolve my dilemma? I mean what's the point of this box thing anyway if you can't access current programming or live TV. 

4. That's the other thing, I was told I could get live TV and haven't been able to do that either. I tried reading the directions about PVR backend and got nowhere, way too complicated. I tried installing addons that claim to serve the function of live TV, like Sage TV, and they don't work at all. That's what I'm finding, most of the addons don't work at all.

5. If what I want is flat out not available, could someone please say so, so frustrated trying to get blood from a turnip. Can I use this X92 box and assorted software to watch current television programming?
(2017-11-26, 15:38)wweller1967 Wrote: [ -> ]I completely reset the entire X92 and started from scratch. I understand that Kodi is free software and not affiliated the box. Though I do get confused if Wave Tv is my TV, a form of Kodi, or another software program altogether.

At any rate, everything I install onto the TV is directly from the add on via the repository.

1. How do I get my USTV Now credentials to work with the addon so that I can actually try using it? Remember the credentials that work to log into the website the addon claims are no good and the website claims their incompatible so they aren't in a hurry to give me any other username or password.

2. Are there any addons that are even remotely comparable to Covenant? Many of the addons that were worth having are gone since I've reset the tv and installed the new Kodi software. Or, is there another software program besides Kodi that has access to addons that work?

3. I'd really like to be able to watch the television and movies that I enjoy. I don't have issue paying for it, not out for free viewing. But I live in rural New Brunswick Canada and their cable television is nothing short of pathetic and not worth paying for. For a few glorious months I was able to watch all of the shows I enjoy and I'd like to be able to do that again. So, does anyone have any suggestions that a Movie/TV nerd with moderate technological skills can do to resolve my dilemma? I mean what's the point of this box thing anyway if you can't access current programming or live TV. 

4. That's the other thing, I was told I could get live TV and haven't been able to do that either. I tried reading the directions about PVR backend and got nowhere, way too complicated. I tried installing addons that claim to serve the function of live TV, like Sage TV, and they don't work at all. That's what I'm finding, most of the addons don't work at all.

5. If what I want is flat out not available, could someone please say so, so frustrated trying to get blood from a turnip. Can I use this X92 box and assorted software to watch current television programming?

Ok, let's take this one step at a time, as there's clearly a message not getting through here.

Firstly stop asking about replacements for piracy banned addon (wiki) crap. We have not, do not and will not support addons which violate our piracy policy (wiki) and when they inevitably get shut down all we will do is applaud the fact and raise a beer to another stain on good name of kodi being removed.

Secondly Wave TV is nothing to do with us and may well fall into the above category. It certainly features on enough lowlife third party sites which promote such junk. We don't support it here, nor any build which may come with it.

Thirdly kodi is a media player. It is not a replacement for cable TV, nor is it a Pandora's box that will magically give you legal access to movie, TV shows, channels that you should pay subscription for for free. There are ways via PVR (wiki) hardware and software to use it to watch live TV in some cases, but they are based around either subscription or free legal OTA supply (such as a hdhomerun or similar device).

If someone has told you otherwise, especially when taking your money for whatever box they may have sold you, then you've been had. A moment's thought and common sense should give you warnings that buying something to give free access to paid stuff is a deal that's "too good to be true". Your are correct that what's out there can be limited, especially for free. But that's just because the rights owners want to make their money back, and so limit access (either via DRM, geo-locking or other means) and sell their product rather than giving it away in many cases.

Lastly concerning USTVNow, which addon are you actually using? There are at least two out there, but the only proper one (and the only one supported here) is by Lunatixz. If you are using a different one I'd suggest during it and trying his one - you can get it through the official repo.

And to underline everything, please read the piracy policy (wiki), the forum rules (wiki) plus this post and stop asking about piracy and banned addons (wiki).
(2017-11-26, 16:00)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-26, 15:38)wweller1967 Wrote: [ -> ]I completely reset the entire X92 and started from scratch. I understand that Kodi is free software and not affiliated the box. Though I do get confused if Wave Tv is my TV, a form of Kodi, or another software program altogether.

Ok, let's take this one step at a time, as there's clearly a message not getting through here.

Firstly stop asking about replacements for piracy banned addon (wiki) crap. We have not, do not and will not support addons which violate our piracy policy (wiki) and when they inevitably get shut down all we will do is applaud the fact and raise a beer to another stain on good name of kodi being removed.

Secondly Wave TV is nothing to do with us and may well fall into the above category. It certainly features on enough lowlife third party sites which promote such junk. We don't support it here, nor any build which may come with it.

Thirdly kodi is a media player. It is not a replacement for cable TV, nor is it a Pandora's box that will magically give you legal access to movie, TV shows, channels that you should pay subscription for for free. There are ways via PVR (wiki) hardware and software to use it to watch live TV in some cases, but they are based around either subscription or free legal OTA supply (such as a hdhomerun or similar device).

If someone has told you otherwise, especially when taking your money for whatever box they may have sold you, then you've been had. A moment's thought and common sense should give you warnings that buying something to give free access to paid stuff is a deal that's "too good to be true". Your are correct that what's out there can be limited, especially for free. But that's just because the rights owners want to make their money back, and so limit access (either via DRM, geo-locking or other means) and sell their product rather than giving it away in many cases.

Lastly concerning USTVNow, which addon are you actually using? There are at least two out there, but the only proper one (and the only one supported here) is by Lunatixz. If you are using a different one I'd suggest during it and trying his one - you can get it through the official repo.

And to underline everything, please read the piracy policy (wiki), the forum rules (wiki) plus this post and stop asking about piracy and banned addons (wiki)
(2017-11-26, 18:06)wweller1967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-26, 16:00)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]

And to underline everything, please read the piracy policy (wiki), the forum rules (wiki) plus this post and stop asking about piracy and banned addons (wiki)
As I stated in my post, I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING for service. I live in a rural Canadian area and have limited access to quality television. I never intended for the box to provide me with free quality TV. I came to this forum for tech support as I mistakenly thought that was it's purpose certainly the thread Forum>support>add-on support>video addons did give me that impression. I did not come here for a soap box lecture on piracy. I am clearly not an expert on this technology (imagine that's why I'm asking for tech support) so I apologize in advance that I don't know what I'm doing, but that's bloody well why I came here to ask. So now in addition to my frustration in trying to figure it out on my own, I am frustrated by the response I am receiving when asking for help here.

So the Kodi player version I was using before I updated, the start screen was Wave TV with a menu of options, I would typically choose Add-ons then I'd choose Covenant, and I'd go from there to select what I wanted to watch.

Now when the Kodi player 17.6 loads, I have those same menu of options vertically along the left side with no graphics versus horizontal graphic selections at the bottom of the screen. However when I selected add-ons there was nothing, I had to go in and install them. So I did, I went through every bloody add-on online to see what it was and I selected those that seemed to suit my preferences. Now those addons show up. But none of them are very good, many don't work, (AND THE ONE I"M PERFECTLY HAPPY TO PAY FOR!) that brought me to this forum in the first place doesn't work. The only helpful advice anyone has given on that original question was do what I had already done. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm speaking gobbly gook rather than English.

Someone said to make sure to use the repo to install USTV Now and other add-ons (I DID THAT!) I may not be tech proficient but I'm not a complete nitwit.

Then someone said to use the USTV Now credentials (I DID THAT TOO!).

Here's my message again, none of that worked thank you very much, there is a problem thank you very much, is anyone out there capable of answering the bloody question, thank you very much.

If someone out there has the patience to be helpful, please do so, but don't bother responding if you're just going to lecture me about media viewing etiquette.
Well well.. First: breath in, breath out.

Have tried searching for the USTVNow thread on this forum?
As in this one: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233135
If 'nothing' indeed works for you, ask there. And keep a FULL unredacted debug log (wiki) handy.

And don't quote posts if you don't plan to type in them.
If you're happy to pay for stuff then stop talking about piracy addons and saying you'd use them. You got the lecture as your obviously don't understand our stance on the subject. It's that or we just ban you.

Discussing piracy add-ons is a violation of the forum rules (wiki), but up to now we have tolerated it. But given your attitude, that tolerance is over. Mention them again and the thread will be binned.
Hi, yesterday I got a new amazon fire TV 4k (downloaded kodi 17.6) and installed ustv now(just the free version) however I'm having issues. When I go to play a live stream, the picture plays in slow motion, but the audio stays correct, eventually it realizes the picture is behind and will "seek" and jump ahead a few seconds, that will continue for a few minutes before both stop playing (but the counter keeps going as if it's still playing). The preferred playback method is selected as M3U8, I thought maybe that was the issue, however when I change it to mp4 (of any quality) it will not play at all.
I'll try to get a log, I wasn't having luck getting one yesterday.
Members...

The Official USTVNow thread is located here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233135

The official thread is dedicated to the USTVNow add-on installed from the Official Kodi Repository

If you did not install from the Official Kodi Repository, you are using a different version of the add-on that is NOT supported in this forum

This thread is closed.