Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Show video files with no match in external databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm really getting frustrated with Kodi's inability to show video files that do not match any entries in external databases like TheMovieDB or TheTVB. So I found and installed the Missing Movie Scanner Addon. It works but it's not satisfying because it doesn't integrate completely. It's always an "external" thing.
Is there any way to get Kodi (17.6, Windows) to show all video files including those without any information except their own filenames?
browse through the video source
(2017-11-26, 14:22)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]browse through the video source
 Via file manager? That's exactly what I do not want to do.
Videos/Files does what you asked, or create nfo files.
(2017-11-26, 14:21)Abouldis Wrote: [ -> ]files that do not match any entries in external databases like TheMovieDB or TheTVB.
Just maybe it's you who is doing the filenaming just wrong enough for the scrapers to not find the correct metadata.
Without any "evidence" this is hard to proof, so give us a couple of non-working examples. With the FULL filepath, please.
(2017-11-26, 16:50)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-26, 14:21)Abouldis Wrote: [ -> ]files that do not match any entries in external databases like TheMovieDB or TheTVB.
Just maybe it's you who is doing the filenaming just wrong enough for the scrapers to not find the correct metadata.
Without any "evidence" this is hard to proof, so give us a couple of non-working examples. With the FULL filepath, please.  
File naming is correct. It's an unknown german documentary, so I'm not surprised there's no database entry.
My question is: How to make the video appear anyway? Without any metadata, no cover etc. No need for that!
(2017-11-26, 18:25)Abouldis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-26, 16:50)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
File naming is correct. It's an unknown german documentary, so I'm not surprised there's no database entry.
My question is: How to make the video appear anyway? Without any metadata, no cover etc. No need for that!  
(2017-11-26, 15:05)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Videos/Files does what you asked, or create nfo files.
Thanks!