Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Testbuild rev #12563
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
WiSo
and one more thing - i culdn`t start dvd disk from drive - xbmc told me insert disk.
Using latest T3CH (2008-04-06), whith previous exe (rev#12409) my settings are saved as it should in \Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC, but when switching to this .exe for some reason the setting are saved in \xbmcinstalldir\userdata?!?
Please not that due to the introduction of the platform directories things could mess up if you don't clean the profile. The newer build offers the flag -p to use platform directories which means the behavior of the builds before.
it is better to delete the profile.xml before switching between the modes.

DVD auto detection still doesn't work. Workaround: create a advancedsettings.xml, place it in the profile userdata folder (-p flag) or in the xbmc userdata folder and create the tag usepcdvdrom -> true: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...cdvdrom.3E
Vikingkronos Wrote:Using latest T3CH (2008-04-06), whith previous exe (rev#12409) my settings are saved as it should in \Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC, but when switching to this .exe for some reason the setting are saved in \xbmcinstalldir\userdata?!?

I see that I have to update the FAQ Oo
See previous post. Add the -p flag on the command line and xbcm will use the profile directory again.
Spnx for quick reply Smile
WiSo
using usepcdvdrom didn`t decide triubles in rev409 Sad - i`ll be waiting. Smile
I tested this build yesterday and I noticed one odd quirk. With the previous builds WiSo posted, all my movies and videos with missing info (no covers) would auto-generate a thumbnail. This build doesn't seem to do that. Any reason why? Is it some option that is not turned on?
this version does not load for me.. do i need to delete the profile.xml if upgrading from a previous ver..
WiSo
I found trouble - durin first check - it says some about error and after it fouds disk in drive.
And one more
DVD Menu is not works correctly - i see background but colored menu zap is fulle transparent and i can`t see what i choose now.
Next - auto creation thumbnails is good thing, but dvd has same naming resolution and thumbnais for *.vob files is nonsens (imho).
and 2 cents - try to filter file list for dvd-drive to stay *.vob > 10 MB to prevent menu and other troubles (for time to work menu correctly).

Anytime - thanks.
BAG_Ass Wrote:I found trouble - durin first check - it says some about error and after it fouds disk in drive.
Yeah known bug but until now just a workaround.
I didn't test many dvds but the menu were fine on those.
You may want to address the other things in the feature forum since they're platform independent.
WiSo
i use only windows and couldn`t know platform independent it or not Smile

i can say that - using <displayremotecodes> in advancedsettings - is the way
to skip all settings after this line.
Question. As it is now, I'm having issues playing back x/h264 material in XBMC for Windows (a lot of lagging, as if it cannot keep up with the decoding).
Now, you're using ffmpeg right? If I use ffdshow, which uses ffmpeg, I have no issues with any files at all. Allt eh movies play smooth in any other player.
Is the Windows build currently in a "state" which you know could contribute to this lagging?
Reason I ask is that I have no problems waiting for future builds, but if you are under the belief that it should work properly as it is now, then there might be a problem.

Cheers and thanks.
jaredharley Wrote:You're very close to the solution. You need to go to your AppData folder (in XP, this is \Documents and Settings\User (your name)\Application Data | in Vista, \User (your name)\AppData) and delete the XBMC folder there. Then, run your xbmc.exe file. It should show up again and be too big. Get to the settings and set your resolution to 1024x768 (don't use Desktop 0x0), exit XBMC, and relaunch. It should be fullscreen now.

thanks, that worked out great...

i tested it and seems to work fine... but when i listen to music and press ESC to exit the folder i browsed while playing an mp3, i get the following error and the program crashes

"this application failed to start because xbox_dx8.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

the only option i have is to end-task xbmc...

any ideas as to what i should do?

thanks in advanced.

Peligroso
Settings->Audio->Visualisation. Change it to something that actually works on win32.

The problem is that the .vis defaults to something that does not exist (or at least does not work) on win32.
the t3ch vis are compiled for xbox directx. New vis need to be compiled for opengl. Only waveform and opengl_spectrum are currently available for win32 (note the _win32 suffix).
I'll upload both to sourceforge soon but maybe some of the guys in this forum can provide a download link.
Pages: 1 2 3