Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-07-13, 03:16)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@KingKaka please activate the debug logging and reproduce the issue again.

Ok I did and here's another log from my Shield TV https://paste.kodi.tv/kebokemiga if it's any help
@KingKaka your file still doesn't have debug logs. To turn it on do this:

From the Main menu, select Settings (gear icon at top of the menu) → System Settings → Logging and turn on Enable debug logging. You will see some weird text pop up on the screen.

After that, reproduce the issue.
(2018-07-13, 05:45)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@KingKaka your file still doesn't have debug logs. To turn it on do this:

From the Main menu, select Settings (gear icon at top of the menu) → System Settings → Logging and turn on Enable debug logging. You will see some weird text pop up on the screen.

After that, reproduce the issue.
 Here's the log

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Vh7xqswNXG/

Thank you
@KingKaka I can't see any issue in your log. 
Also looks like something is missing in your log too. I mean, there is no "VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan .." message or the "Finished scan." message. Seems like it's not the completed file.

Can you tell me how are you scanning your media to add them to the library?
(2018-07-13, 21:30)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@KingKaka I can't see any issue in your log. 
Also looks like something is missing in your log too. I mean, there is no "VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan .." message or the "Finished scan." message. Seems like it's not the completed file.

I tried to access the folder first before I set content. I add the the folder on files | add sources | http://localhost:8587/source | Name is Google drive source |. When I try to access it by clicking on Google drive source I got a folder name google drive then my account name than the folders within my account(Movies, Trailers,TV Shows). When I click on a folder name (Movies), it just hangs there like it's loading then nothing.

Here's my log https://paste.kodi.tv/osayodigeh (with debugging on)
@KingKaka I just released the version 1.2.1 that could help with your issue. Let me know.
(2018-07-13, 21:30)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@KingKaka I can't see any issue in your log. 

It works now. Thank you. Here's my log http://paste.kodi.tv/averowecav If you want to check anything.
I have setup the source on clean Kodi install. How do I add individual folders of movies and tv shows to library?

I did open the folder and with right click set content to movie/tv show and started the scan but it gets stuck to 0% and does not add anything to library.
Never mind. I figured it out. I was making a mistake in adding the source url.
@KingKaka great.

@vab.patel no worries. Let me know if you have an issue. You can install my repo to get the latest version, if you haven't done that.
(2018-07-15, 14:59)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@vab.patel no worries. Let me know if you have an issue. You can install my repo to get the latest version, if you haven't done that.

I currently have version 1.2.1 from your repository. Is it just my setup or the scanning is slow for everyone? I have

I have setup the source using the HTTP web directory server option. And add the videos from pointing to the folders for movie and tv shows separately. Is this the best way to add the videos to Library?
@vab.patel the slowness depends on the speed of your internet, your device power and the amount of tv shows or movies the addon has to navigate. It won't obviously be the same as if you are scanning local files. But as a reference, my ~1TB tv shows with my shield tv and 200 mbps speed takes around 20mins to complete. My Xbox One takes longer even with the same internet speed. I think it will vary for everyone.
The advantage on doing it in this way could be the "native" library scanning kodi does every time kodi starts, or if you have your artwork in your cloud drive it should take it. Basically you use your cloud drive almost the same way you use a local folder and you can use any tool already existent to schedule or run the library scanning.

The other way is to export your folders to .strm files. The scanning will be faster because those are local files, but the hidden time people would not count will be the time it took to create/download all the strm files.
At the end the process will be a little more faster because artwork is totally ignored and not requested, and that will save time, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to say it's way better.
A disadvantage right now would be that you need to request the export manually. But I'm working on adding the feature to schedule automatic exports. That's the next release target. Probably next week.

The way I personally use it is with the strm files. I added the source mode to the addon with the idea of having a way to navigate my drive thru the kodi File manger and install addons from zips or copy any file to my local, but it evolved to the way it is now and that's good for me.

Anyway in both cases once you have everything in your library you will forget about the scanning time I think. Your library navigation will be faster because is from your local library db.
(2018-07-15, 22:51)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]But as a reference, my ~1TB tv shows with my shield tv and 200 mbps speed takes around 20mins to complete. My Xbox One takes longer even with the same internet speed. I think it will vary for everyone.

With a similarly powered device and 150 Mbps speed it took about the same time for me as well. However, for most time it was showing 0% and then once it started showing the movie names in progress, it was adding those much faster. So, I thought there may be a lag to start with before going through the folders.

One question, if I delete a movie in the Google drive folder or upgrade the movie with a higher resolution (eg. Going from 1080 to 4k; once I have a 4k TV of course this black Friday) will the Kodi be able to auto upgrade that in the library with scheduled scans? Also in this case, will the resume point still work with updated high resolution video?
I debugged the interaction between kodi and the source mode and in 0% kodi is creating a list of files in the drive. after that it will start scrapping the artwork from the thetvdb or moviedb and it's when the progress number starts to moving. 
So even in 0% Kodi is doing a heavy scanning in the cloud drive.

About your questions, those are more about how Kodi works than how this addon works. It will work exactly as if your movies were in your local drive. The addon is not involved here.
The library scanning is to add entries to your library. If you need to modify things you should take a look on this page: Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki)
That being said, if you delete a movie, your library won't be automatically updated. Not because the addon but because that's how kodi works. You need to do extra steps to update that. I remember you can add an advancesetting entry to change that but it has its disadvantages. Just make a search and it will pop up.
The resolution change is transparent I think. Just keep the same file name and the new format will be played. The resume point should still work.
(2018-07-09, 14:38)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@keithcq71 just to confirm, do you have my repository installed?
The order issue was fixed some time ago. Let me know if you still have the issue.

@joaohkfaria Was added to your library from the .strm files? or from the source mode url? In any case post your debug log: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
 OK I will . Thanks