Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
cguZZMan, you're on fire. Nice work bro.
(2018-09-20, 07:09)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]A new version is in the repository.
Resume points and watched status should be working now for strm files added to the library.
The addon implements different logic for Krypton and Leia:

Kodi v18 - Leia:
  • It will show the dialog to ask to resume or start from beginning every time a resume point is found in the video. It can be disabled in the addon settings.
  • The progress and the watched status are already handled by Kodi. Nothing is changed here and should be working just fine.

Worked like a charm on Kodi 18. You are awesome @cguZZMan Thanks a lot. Everything I need is in this addon now.

Eagerly waiting to see what's coming next.
@cguZZMan Thank you for the resume points! I wasn't able to find any valuable information that you probably didn't already to know.
(2018-02-27, 18:47)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@venkmanologist can you elaborate on the issue where it doesn't let you pick your 'My Download' folder as a destination? The addon will ask you the folder when it's the first time you are exporting, and then you can change it in the addon settings.
To add the google drive as a source select the Add videos... > Browse > Add network location.. > Web server directory (HTTP):
Server address: localhost
Remote Path: source
Port: 8585
Or you can add a source in the File manager too..

Hi @cguZZMan
Great app thanks
Just have a little issue. I followed these steps to make the google drive viewable in source. Then right click the movie folder and export strm files to google drive. In top right it says creating strm but when I go to my google drive there are no files or folders created. Am I missing a step? When I choose a local drive on my hard drive they create so I might be missing something

Also would you know how many ip address could I use on one edu account before google blocks the account?
@Yoshifriend the source mode is read only. You can't export strm files to google drive, it's not writable.
The intention with the source mode is to emulate your google drive as a read-only local drive so kodi can play your videos, stored in your google drive, as it plays a video anywhere else. 
If you have your videos somewhere else and want to use google drive only to store the strm files, you can do so, but you will have to save them to your drive in some other way.

And about the use of an account from multiple addresses, I have no information.
(2018-09-21, 02:46)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@Yoshifriend the source mode is read only. You can't export strm files to google drive, it's not writable.
The intention with the source mode is to emulate your google drive as a read-only local drive so kodi can play your videos, stored in your google drive, as it plays a video anywhere else. 
If you have your videos somewhere else and want to use google drive only to store the strm files, you can do so, but you will have to save them to your drive in some other way.

And about the use of an account from multiple addresses, I have no information.
ohh ok thanks for that @cguZZMan. I was trying to do this because when i add a folder straight from google drive to the movie library in kodi it wont allow me to select a streaming quality. when i open the same file from the google drive addon it allows me to choose stream quality. It also allows me to choose stream quality if I create the strm files to my local drive and add that folder to kodi movies library. Am i missing something? Thanks again for the help
I don't see you're missing something. You mentioned all the 3 options existent in the addon to play a video. If you want your videos in the library and be asked the stream quality, then you should export your google drive videos to strm files and add them to the library. It's the 3rd option you mentioned.
Hi @cguZZMan , first of all really thanks for your addon, it's definitely necessary for people like me who have a big library and want to save space on HDDs, then I also really appreciate how your addon "auto-update" my titles once they are on my Google Drive.
I consider your work already perfect but I have two questions to ask:
  • Media informations: there is a possibility or a way to see informations like resolutions, audio languages, etc. over our titles as happen when the files are on external HDD?
  • Trakt: as other users said, work perfectly using .strm files but I've noticed it don't scrobble in "real-time" while I'm watching a movie (instead when the video file are on my HDD, I can see the percentage progress over the Trakt website).
That's all, thanks again... and thanks in advance for your reply!
(2018-09-21, 16:55)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see you're missing something. You mentioned all the 3 options existent in the addon to play a video. If you want your videos in the library and be asked the stream quality, then you should export your google drive videos to strm files and add them to the library. It's the 3rd option you mentioned.

What I mean is can you select stream quality without creating strm files and just using Google drive as the source through the movie section. Because at the moment when add Google drive movie folder as a movie source in kodi and it scapes all the info, when I go to play it will open the full file with no option for stream quality. But if I open the same movie through your addon it does come up with quialty. Thanks again for the help
@Goffredo from an strm file I don't see how the media information could be seen. You need to download part of the file to know that information since an strm file is just a simple link. Google Drive gives the resolution as a metadata but only for few formats and not info about sound languages or others, but again you need to fetch it first. Maybe source mode could work. I haven't tested it. You could do it and let us know.
The real-time tracking of the progress could be done, but I just can think about the possible performance issues this could cause. I'll think about it. (btw, this could be done only in Krypton since the progress in Leia is handled by Kodi)

@Yoshifriend The stream quality can't be asked in source mode. In this mode the addon serves only what kodi asked for. And when kodi asks for the link of a file, the original file link is always passed. Any interaction with the user before that is out of the control of the addon. You need to use the strm files if you need that.
Hi,

Im getting below error when launching google drive addon on my android tv kodi v17.6. Tried updating to 1.2.11 and removing installing again, but same error.

Could someone help to fix it? Thanks!

Hello... I wanted to say that I always accompanied the googledrive addon, both this and the other addon, and it was felt by the lack of the resume option, now enabled and very well, as well as the option to let the folder directly mapped in googledrive with its movies . It is perfect, just missing, that the mapping, that the folder was visible to the addon Plex (linuxServer.io), should be a plus still more for this addon.
@fogers I need your debug log file to take a look on it.

@niltoncrf I'm not sure which folder mapping you are talking about. Is it the source mode? Can you elaborate? 
Also I don't use Plex and I'm not sure what linuxserver.io has to do with it. Please let me know.
Plex (linuxServer.io), which is a service for having a plex server, has options for mapping the movies and serials folder. Map / data / movies, for example That is equivalent to the storage / videos folder. If I save the .stream files in the mapped folder, plex does not rotate the files. The path http: // localhost: 8587 / source, is not visible in the plex addon, if it were it would be a great alternative to have plex accessing goodrive, as well as the plex cloud service, which is being extinguished. I know there is incompatibility of googledrive and linux to emulate a drive, but you seem to be the one who came closest to it, if someone on the topic uses the plex, it can attest to what I say.
Hi folks,
for me, it seems like using Google Drive as a source doesn't enable me to also use "google photos" as a source, right?
Cause when I browse the source, I just see an empty "/Google Drive/*my-name*/".
But when I run the Plugin itself as a Photo-Plugin, I can see all my google-photos at "/*my-name*/Google Photos/....".

So - no google photos with this plugin - "just" the Drive?

THanks for reply