Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-08-18, 01:36)YIRMASTER Wrote: [ -> ]What is the purpose of this addon, to host repos or other files, it can't possibly be to stream videos if so what about google's daily data limits? Unless you have a paid google account this could be restrictive. OR perhaps I'm just not getting the point of the purpose of the app but I'm learning so please do clarify. 

Kodi is an entertainment hub that brings all your digital media together into a beautiful and user friendly package.
https://kodi.tv/about
Your digital media could be stored on your drive, NAS, SMB shares etc.
This add-on brings your digital media you have stored in your google cloud drive to Kodi.
Google has daily limits for not sharing your drive/media with others.
You won't have any problem to stream your media if you pay for your drive and don't share it with others.
hi, people. This is my first post in the forum. I hope someone can help me (and excuse for my English, I'm from Spain).

I use Google Drive add-on to store music in flac format. Files are stored in the typical way -> a .cue file and a .flac image file. However, I can't use the info stored in the .cue file to play a specific song.

Example: if i open "1971 - Meddle", what I see is:
Quote:Pink Floyd - Meddle.cue
Pink Floyd - Meddle.flac
However, if I exit Google Drive add-on, plug a pendrive with that folder and I open it in Kodi->Music, what I see is the content of the .cue file:
Quote:01. Pink Floyd - One of these days                     05:56
06. Pink Floyd - Echoes                                      23:35
and it allows me to play a specific song.

How could I get this in Google Drive?

Thx in advance.
Hi all,
I've been very busy these days. Lot of work. If somebody wants to help fixing issues, feel free to send PRs in github, I'll be happy to merge them.
Otherwise try to help other people here in the forums. If you want to report an issue, do it in github so I can track it easily.
The addon is working fine if you are not sharing your account with other people, otherwise you will get a ban from google.
I'll be back on fixing issues in a couple of months once my current project start to calm down and have some time to relax.
Hello , I have problem on play the export files. It can load up on my movie library , but i random try some of the files (about 100 movie), most of them is loading awhile and nothing happen. But some  of the movie can play successfully. Any idea?
(2019-08-26, 07:05)tleung927 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello , I have problem on play the export files. It can load up on my movie library , but i random try some of the files (about 100 movie), most of them is loading awhile and nothing happen. But some  of the movie can play successfully. Any idea?

Hi, I have the same issue. It has been working fine for 2 or 3 months, but today when I try to play any movie (.strm or direct into the addon) nothing happens (appear "please wait" and exit)... thanks for your help. I have removed the addon, install again and same issue.... With gdrive addon i can play the movies but only in mp4 and 1080p (not original 4k)
I need help. I've been using the addon for a while and I noticed that it deletes the .strm files and exports them again every time I run the export.

Any way to make it only export new files added to the folder instead re-exporting everything?
(2019-08-26, 19:37)xixarrita Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 07:05)tleung927 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello , I have problem on play the export files. It can load up on my movie library , but i random try some of the files (about 100 movie), most of them is loading awhile and nothing happen. But some  of the movie can play successfully. Any idea?

Hi, I have the same issue. It has been working fine for 2 or 3 months, but today when I try to play any movie (.strm or direct into the addon) nothing happens (appear "please wait" and exit)... thanks for your help. I have removed the addon, install again and same issue.... With gdrive addon i can play the movies but only in mp4 and 1080p (not original 4k) 
The solution has been unlink the streamfile folders from the library of plex
i remember that was an option to decrypt files, disappear ?

and needed or not?

google without encrypt, can be delete files in team drive, because see some materials ?
Hello everyone, I'm unable to login on my firestick. Please find the logs attached at the following URL.

http://paste.kodi.tv/zoredurara

Thank you
@Lordfool - you seem to be living up to your name concerning the forum rules (wiki). Please read them as you agreed to and accepted them when you signed up here, and yet your stick is infested with crap that violates our piracy policy (wiki). Whilst they are installed then no support is available here.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hello,

I’ve been using the app to access my google drive through my Xbox and for some reason there are items that refuse to show up, like it isn’t updating the library anymore or something. I’ve revoked Kodi access to the google account, fully uninstalled etc but the issue isn’t resolving

I thought maybe it can only access data in google photos since they split drive and photos synching, I’m not sure what to do about it so any help or advice would be awesome =)

Amazing app and add on btw thanks so much
(2019-09-09, 16:23)Squanchpool Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I’ve been using the app to access my google drive through my Xbox and for some reason there are items that refuse to show up, like it isn’t updating the library anymore or something. I’ve revoked Kodi access to the google account, fully uninstalled etc but the issue isn’t resolving

I thought maybe it can only access data in google photos since they split drive and photos synching, I’m not sure what to do about it so any help or advice would be awesome =)

Amazing app and add on btw thanks so much

I did a quick double check of every possible variable as I had the same issue using an android phone and chrome cast, files just not showing up that I know are there co is can play them on my iPad!

and then I realised that whatever the problem is it isn’t your app but rather the google drive app on my iPad not synching the changes I’ve made or moving the files etc ... sorry about that! Troubleshooting tech problems isn’t my forte haha Wink

My apologies for double posting and also for posting a non-issue!
"No json object could be decoded" or network error all the time when I try to export my files.
(2019-03-03, 06:02)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

First of all - this is the best Kodi add-on ever! Thank you @cguZZMan for putting this together! Really, I am amazed with what I am able to do with it. For that I am really thankful!

I have 2 devices running this add-on:
  1. OnePlus 6 with lastest Android 9 and latest Kodi and latest add-on version.
  2. Shield TV 2017 with all the latest Android/Firmware running the latest Kodi and latest add-on version. This is my main media player - it is the main movie player in my Home Theater. 
  3. I use the same userid to connect the GDrive add-on o both devices.
  I have both connected to the same Asus Rog Rapture Router - the smartphone using AC Wireless Network and Shield TV with Gigabit cable. The router is connected to the ISP ONT. Currently I've got 200mbps down 100 mbps up connection to the internet.

I run any video on the Smartphone without any problem, any delay/stop. Things just works great there! 
  On the Shield TV I got the "Slow connection to play/stream" error every other 3 minutes or so! I can't even use it anymore.
  1. Here is the log using Aura skin and wireless (I thought it may have been the cable, don't know - just want to use the same wireless AC as the smartphone to test) connection to the internet: nekuyihono.kodi (paste)
  2. Here is the log after changing the skin to the default one and connecting Shield again to the router using the cable: wasuvomubo.kodi (paste)
  3. And here is the log from my phone - I played the same movie for about 25 minutes without having ANY issues: okoxepajap.kodi (paste)
  4. Here is the media information of the movie I used to reproduce the error: yovapogigo (paste)

What can I do to make the Shield TV problem go away?! 

Thanks
Gilson 

Just updating this thread to say that installing Kodi 18.4 has fixed this problem - all movies are running on my Shield without getting stuck! Smile
(2018-09-04, 21:23)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]Source mode doesn't assign the subtitles automatically as of now. I'm currently working on that. Will be done in very soon.
Subtitles works only in addon mode or with strm files. And you don't need to do anything if you rename a subtitle. It will get it automatically if it met the 2 conditions I explained before.

Hi cguZZMan!
Firstly, I would like to say this is truly the most amazing Kodi addon I have seen. No longer do I have to maintain my local movie and TV show collection on my device. All my files are stored on Google Drive, which I can access from any device anywhere in the world, with no risk of data loss.

So, I am aware that you're currently working on assigning subtitles automatically in Source Mode. I believe it is the only feature that is missing in this addon. Is there any update regarding the same?