Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-10, 23:05)PeterZ Wrote: [ -> ]Since Today I cannot playback any longer any file from Google-Drve... the file is shown in Kodi, even a thmub.Picture of the movie, but when I try to start the movie, the general message "One or more Items failed to play...". I tried on two different Win-PCs (Kodi 17 and 18) and on Android-.Box, same message. When I go to a file-Manager with CLoud-Access (loke FIle Manager+ etc.) I can go to the movei an say "Open with Kodi", this works. But the direct connetction to a GD-Movie from "within" Kodi fails, e.i. a PlugIn-Problem seems to be the case, independent of the playback deviece(PC or Android).
Am I tho only one with this problem? Has GD changec something so that die GD-Kodi_Plugin no longer works correctly?
The same has happened to me since yesterday. I hope it's a temporary problem.
(2020-02-11, 00:49)vab.patel Wrote: [ -> ]@cguZZMan Eagerly waiting for the update to come through official Kodi repo. My Shield TV Pro 2019 does not allow me to download anything from the browser.

This works for me and you do not need to wait https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923331
(2020-02-11, 03:22)Behemot001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-10, 23:05)PeterZ Wrote: [ -> ]Since Today I cannot playback any longer any file from Google-Drve... the file is shown in Kodi, even a thmub.Picture of the movie, but when I try to start the movie, the general message "One or more Items failed to play...". I tried on two different Win-PCs (Kodi 17 and 18) and on Android-.Box, same message. When I go to a file-Manager with CLoud-Access (loke FIle Manager+ etc.) I can go to the movei an say "Open with Kodi", this works. But the direct connetction to a GD-Movie from "within" Kodi fails, e.i. a PlugIn-Problem seems to be the case, independent of the playback deviece(PC or Android).
Am I tho only one with this problem? Has GD changec something so that die GD-Kodi_Plugin no longer works correctly?
The same has happened to me since yesterday. I hope it's a temporary problem.

Try this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923331
(2020-02-10, 22:54)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-10, 22:50)Buzzmovies Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have been following the development of this addon for the last few days.
First Thanks to cguZZMan for creating the addon and supporting it.

Following his recommendation, I am not using the plugin as a SOURCE anymore. Now using the STRM method. Was all good for a few hours now I cant do anything anymore, I always get this error message, even when simply navigating the files via the addon:
Quote:"No json object could be decoded"
According to cguZZMan's Github page, its a "known issue" but what caused it and why now? What can I do to access my files on Google Drive? I have 18TB of videos there.

Thank you.  
Sometimes it happens to me as well, it looks like the .../userdata/addon_data/plugin.googledrive/accounts.cfg file gets corrupted or something. So either delete the file all together OR delete your Google account from the plugin - either way you will have to add it back it. It will work right after you do it. 

Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled the addon and reinstalled/re-added the account and it fixed the problem. I now recall getting the JSON issue after KODI crashed trying to play a 50GB x265 4K video from Google Drive on my rPI 4b 4GB-RAM
(2020-02-11, 03:55)Buzzmovies Wrote: [ -> ]

Following his recommendation, I am not using the plugin as a SOURCE anymore. Now using the STRM method. Was all good for a few hours now I cant do anything anymore, I always get this error message, even when simply navigating the files via the addon:
According to cguZZMan's Github page, its a "known issue" but what caused it and why now? What can I do to access my files on Google Drive? I have 18TB of videos there.

Thank you.  
Sometimes it happens to me as well, it looks like the .../userdata/addon_data/plugin.googledrive/accounts.cfg file gets corrupted or something. So either delete the file all together OR delete your Google account from the plugin - either way you will have to add it back it. It will work right after you do it.  

Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled the addon and reinstalled/re-added the account and it fixed the problem. I now recall getting the JSON issue after KODI crashed trying to play a 50GB x265 4K video from Google Drive on my rPI 4b 4GB-RAM 

I think you did not need to reinstall the entire add-on - but that is ok, I am glad it is working for you.
(2020-02-11, 00:33)Kaido Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable, Its fixed, so I am like more than 1 year only downloading 1080p and it was a fix of 5 mins, thanks for all guys.

Hope they update it someday in the next version.
Can you explain how did you solve the problems?
(2020-02-11, 04:25)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-11, 00:33)Kaido Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable, Its fixed, so I am like more than 1 year only downloading 1080p and it was a fix of 5 mins, thanks for all guys.

Here

(2020-02-10, 22:54)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes it happens to me as well, it looks like the .../userdata/addon_data/plugin.googledrive/accounts.cfg file gets corrupted or something. So either delete the file all together OR delete your Google account from the plugin - either way you will have to add it back it. It will work right after you do it. 
(2020-02-11, 03:28)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-11, 00:49)vab.patel Wrote: [ -> ]@cguZZMan Eagerly waiting for the update to come through official Kodi repo. My Shield TV Pro 2019 does not allow me to download anything from the browser.

This works for me and you do not need to wait https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923331 

Thx. I didn't know the cguzzman repo could be added from the file manager. That worked perfectly.
Hey cguZZMan, problem solved with the image viewing issue I described a couple of days ago. Turns out I had forgotten to also install the latest version of the common module when updating to 1.3.1. I was sure I had...
Anyway, I just did it and it worked like a charm. My apologies for the mix-up and for wasting your time. Thanks again!
(2020-02-11, 04:46)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-11, 04:25)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]

Here

(2020-02-10, 22:54)gilsonsjc Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes it happens to me as well, it looks like the .../userdata/addon_data/plugin.googledrive/accounts.cfg file gets corrupted or something. So either delete the file all together OR delete your Google account from the plugin - either way you will have to add it back it. It will work right after you do it. 
Thanks, but I was asking Kaido, who had problems playing 4k stuff
Hey, cguZZman, what I have now noticed, though, is that even folders that have just 40-50 images take quite longer to load up all of them and open than it used to. Do you think your hands are tied on this due to the latest changes on their end? Thanks!
I have not used STRM for a long time, because I really prefer the information that it gives from each file, qualities, formats, etc. that it provides as a SOURCE, it was be like the files was in local HDD.

It turns out that yesterday I did test I could not get the library to be exported automatically as it did before with STRM.

That problem is for everyone or only happens to me?

Due of my remoteness with STRM  I don't know if at any time the "Update library after export" and "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder" stopped working. The only way it works correctly for me is to do it manually.

Quote:"No json object could be decoded"

Thank you.  
(2020-02-11, 22:30)PeterZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-10, 22:50)Buzzmovies Wrote: [ -> ]Unter WIN10 you can any Google-Drive-Connector that install q virtual drive (like "Z:") that is you Google-Drive (I use the free "RaiDrive". The go to Z: to you video and right-click and say "Open with..." and choose KODI.
Under Android there is a file-Maganer called "Filemanger +" (see e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ilemanager). There you can yonnect this filemanager with GoogleDrive (under "Cloud) and you can navigate to you video an play it. You can even disconnect the "internal" Videoplayer and choose KODI as standard Player. Then when clicking on your Video, Kodi opens and the Video starts. This is INDEPENDET of any Kodi-PlugIn, so this solution is not so compfortable like the Google-Drive-Plugin, but at least it seems to work always...

Hello,

Thank you.  
(2020-02-11, 22:36)PeterZ Wrote: [ -> ]Unter WIN10 you can any Google-Drive-Connector that install q virtual drive (like "Z:") that is you Google-Drive (I use the free "RaiDrive". The go to Z: to you video and right-click and say "Open with..." and choose KODI.
Under Android there is a file-Maganer called "Filemanger +" (see e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ilemanager). There you can yonnect this filemanager with GoogleDrive (under "Cloud) and you can navigate to you video an play it. You can even disconnect the "internal" Videoplayer and choose KODI as standard Player. Then when clicking on your Video, Kodi opens and the Video starts. This is INDEPENDET of any Kodi-PlugIn, so this solution is not so compfortable like the Google-Drive-Plugin, but at least it seems to work always...
(2020-02-11, 22:30)PeterZ Wrote: [ -> ]