Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, pls help me, I can not watch original format in google drive kodi addon now, it play notihing when I hit my file, and from google drive web also can not download because of download quota exeeded error message, my acc is G-suite unlimited.
(2020-04-07, 05:42)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-06, 15:16)areebiimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @cguZZMan , I am running AEON MQ8 Skin on Kodi 18.6 on a Windows 10 PC, and I am using the latest version of Google Drive Plugin (1.3.5) as well as Common Cloud Drive Module (1.2.14).

I am storing STRM files locally on my PC to access my Google Drive Media Library. However, whenever I scrape a STRM file, it gets added to my library and works fine, but the video and audio info of the file (1080p, x264,5.1 etc.) is missing. If I scrape the same .mkv file locally stored in my PC directly, the media info shows up perfectly. Further, when I play the STRM file, during playback, if I press the "info" key, it shows me all the media info (1080p,x264,5.1 etc.) but once playback is finished, that info does not show up in my library. I have tried to play the STRM file many times, but the media info does not show in my library. Please let me know what is the solution to this issue.

I have attached two screenshots demonstrating the problem - in one screenshot, the locally-stored mkv file is scraped directly and the mediainfo shows up at the bottom of the screen, in the other screenshot, the STRM of the mkv file is scraped and the media info is missing at the bottom of the screen.

ImageImage
You need to create nfo files for each movie. This nfo file should be stored in your local drive in individual folders for each movie, with the nfo, strm, the poster and the fanart files 
Thank you @z3us 
Really appreciate your response.
Yes, I am aware of the NFO file solution. However, since Kodi is successfully able to show the media information DURING playback of the STRM file, I thought it should be possible to show the same media info in the movie library as well. Hope this issue gets resolved in a future version of Kodi/Google Drive Plugin.

For now, will continue to use NFO files to scrape STRMs, as long as no other solution is available.
(2020-04-07, 21:33)areebiimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-07, 05:42)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-06, 15:16)areebiimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @cguZZMan , I am running AEON MQ8 Skin on Kodi 18.6 on a Windows 10 PC, and I am using the latest version of Google Drive Plugin (1.3.5) as well as Common Cloud Drive Module (1.2.14).

I am storing STRM files locally on my PC to access my Google Drive Media Library. However, whenever I scrape a STRM file, it gets added to my library and works fine, but the video and audio info of the file (1080p, x264,5.1 etc.) is missing. If I scrape the same .mkv file locally stored in my PC directly, the media info shows up perfectly. Further, when I play the STRM file, during playback, if I press the "info" key, it shows me all the media info (1080p,x264,5.1 etc.) but once playback is finished, that info does not show up in my library. I have tried to play the STRM file many times, but the media info does not show in my library. Please let me know what is the solution to this issue.

I have attached two screenshots demonstrating the problem - in one screenshot, the locally-stored mkv file is scraped directly and the mediainfo shows up at the bottom of the screen, in the other screenshot, the STRM of the mkv file is scraped and the media info is missing at the bottom of the screen.

ImageImage
You need to create nfo files for each movie. This nfo file should be stored in your local drive in individual folders for each movie, with the nfo, strm, the poster and the fanart files  
Thank you @z3us 
Yes, I am aware of the NFO file solution. However, since Kodi is successfully able to show the media information DURING playback of the STRM file, I thought it should be possible to show the same media info in the movie library as well. Hope this issue gets resolved in a future version of Kodi/Google Drive Plugin.

For now, will continue to use NFO files to scrape STRMs, as long as no other solution is available. 
I guess that's because the strm file is essentially just a file with an https address to your media and not as such your media. If you try to use google drive in "source mode", you may be able to get the media flags.

Another option is to rename your files on google drive to include the codes in the filename itself and if you use it with particular skins (e.g, Estuary Mod v2) that extracts the media flags from the title you may be able to see those media flags. I tried this with Estuary Mod v2 in Kodi 17.6. But, my problem was different. Kodi remembers the resume points for your media with the file name and not the movie or episode. So, every time I upgrade the media, and hence file gets a new name, the resume points would not work for the same movie or episode. So, I started naming them as Movie Name (Year) irrespective of the resolution, codecs, etc to maintain the resume points.
(2020-04-06, 04:38)covid19 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with new change of google drive's policy. When I was shared a file, it cannot add to my drive. Instead of adding to my drive, it just add a shortcut of this file in my drive. When I scan it to my library, this file (actually a shortcut of this file) cannot be played. Anyone has this problem?
help me. I cannot play the file i added to my drive
(2020-04-07, 22:06)covid19 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-06, 04:38)covid19 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with new change of google drive's policy. When I was shared a file, it cannot add to my drive. Instead of adding to my drive, it just add a shortcut of this file in my drive. When I scan it to my library, this file (actually a shortcut of this file) cannot be played. Anyone has this problem?
help me. I cannot play the file i added to my drive 
Try playing it from the "Shared with Me" folder instead of "My Drive". see if that works - if it does, you can create the strm files from this location, and then add to your kodi library.
(2020-03-12, 05:01)minori_aoi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I got a problem with multi part videos (moviex part1.mkv & moviex part2.mkv). In normal condition, Kodi will merge both video into a single entry in library, and both video will be merged into a single video when we play it. But when we export it as STRM, the filename become "moviex part1.mkv.strm" and "moviex part2.mkv.strm" and kodi will create 2 separate entries of the same movie in library. What should I do to fix this?

Or is there an option to export the STRM without including the original file extension, so it would become "moviex part1.strm"?

Shamelessly bumping. Looking for solution.
(2020-04-07, 21:44)vab.patel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-07, 21:33)areebiimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-07, 05:42)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]You need to create nfo files for each movie. This nfo file should be stored in your local drive in individual folders for each movie, with the nfo, strm, the poster and the fanart files  
Thank you @z3us 

I guess that's because the strm file is essentially just a file with an https address to your media and not as such your media. If you try to use google drive in "source mode", you may be able to get the media flags.

Another option is to rename your files on google drive to include the codes in the filename itself and if you use it with particular skins (e.g, Estuary Mod v2) that extracts the media flags from the title you may be able to see those media flags. I tried this with Estuary Mod v2 in Kodi 17.6. But, my problem was different. Kodi remembers the resume points for your media with the file name and not the movie or episode. So, every time I upgrade the media, and hence file gets a new name, the resume points would not work for the same movie or episode. So, I started naming them as Movie Name (Year) irrespective of the resolution, codecs, etc to maintain the resume points. 
Hi @vab.patel 
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I am thinking of using that filename technique for extracting the video information.
However, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it no longer possible to use Google Drive as a source using cguZZMan's plugin due to changes made by Google a few months ago? I mean, you might be able to set up Google Drive as a source in Kodi, but the files will no longer play in Source Mode, isn't that correct?
Hi guys. Set up the Google drive add on and I can access the files through the plug in! However, how do I add it to Kodi? Can I simply go to videos and enter the path: "http://localhost:8587/source/ " or do I have to bring up the context menu for each folder and make it a strm?
(2020-04-10, 11:06)blizzardreign Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. Set up the Google drive add on and I can access the files through the plug in! However, how do I add it to Kodi? Can I simply go to videos and enter the path: "http://localhost:8587/source/ " or do I have to bring up the context menu for each folder and make it a strm?
This plugin doesn´t work anymore in source mode. You have to create strm, which is also better to prevent google bans
Don´t use source mode
Google Drive changed the "add to my drive" to "create shortcut" on multiple accounts and eventually it will on all
Quote:Changes to Drive’s folder structure and sharing model starting September 30 
Starting September 30, 2020, it will no longer be possible to place a file in multiple folders in My Drive, including via the Drive API. Going forward, every file will live in a single location.

After September 30, 2020, all files already living in multiple locations in My Drive will gradually be migrated to shortcuts.

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/202...drive.html
I use the "add to my drive" option to organize videos from multiple sources in folders in my account in a more organized way, but if these videos become shortcuts they will not be able to be seen, except if I enter to the folder "Shares With Me", which would be highly problematic due to the number of folders and their disorganization

Do you think that in future updates the addon can work with shortcuts?
I have a problem with duplicate movies, every new update adds the same movie more than once.
how to solve?

https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl...issues/141
Has anybody had this issue?
When removing files from their location it removes the strm and nfo properly.
When the files get upgraded to a better quality the old nfo stays and a new nfo gets put in and a new strm gets created for the upgraded quality but the old strm just has the strm extension removed and the file stays.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Hi all, am new in this forum but have had experience with Kodi and add-ons. 

Would like to raise a question up that has been raised on Github previously but did not see any resolution to it. The url is: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/56

Basically I am facing the same issue or feedback on this. 

1) Assuming the file I point to export .strm is (Google Drive > Media > "Linux") has 10 movies, it will export 10 .strm links to a separate folder ("Folder HDR"). It is to be noted that each of the 10 movies will be within a separate folder in Folder HDR. So it will look like Folder HDR > Folder A > .mkv, Folder HDR > Folder B > .mkv and so on. I will tick the options of "Update library after export", "Create NFO Files", and "Watch for changes in the cloud folder" <- am looking for clarification on this further. 

2) I will then point Folder HDR to movies and scrape either local or use TMDB for metadata and stuff. It will then populate on the main screen of Kodi ("Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" and "Scan recursively" are enabled. 

3) Everything works fine. So there's 10 movies shown, all as per what was done earlier. Let's say I would like to add a 2 more movies to the Linux folder in Google Drive itself. Based on my understanding, it should automate the .strm and export it to Folder HDR, therefore leading me to 12 .strm links/shortcuts with 10 being generated earlier, and 2 later. But it did not generate any .strm other than the folder itself. The only way for me to refresh and have all 12 .strm links is to export .strm files all over again from scratch. If it's 10-20 files, it's fine. But if one has to refresh a large library of collection, it will take hours. 

Is there any workaround for this?
Hi

Just an update of the above post. I managed to generate .strm for new folders when I chose the option "schedule automatic exports" for every startup. However, it generates the entirety of the folder, and not the "new" folders that were added. As shared earlier, I was hoping it will generate new .strm for the number of folders that were added, say 5-10 instead of the whole library that is inside the folder.

Appreciate the help on this, thank you!
(2020-04-10, 11:33)z3us Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-10, 11:06)blizzardreign Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. Set up the Google drive add on and I can access the files through the plug in! However, how do I add it to Kodi? Can I simply go to videos and enter the path: "http://localhost:8587/source/ " or do I have to bring up the context menu for each folder and make it a strm?
This plugin doesn´t work anymore in source mode. You have to create strm, which is also better to prevent google bans
Don´t use source mode

Thanks for the reply. I have created the export folder and strm and now all the movies have been added to the Kodi database and they play great.

However, after some time, maybe 20 mins or so, the file slows down, stutters, and pauses, and sometimes exits out of the video player back to the main screen. Other times, it stays stuttering and after a while starts playing again. These are 4k remux files. Any idea why this is occurring? Could it be a cache issue?