Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any luck in getting their music to add to the library from Google Drive using it as a source?

I have added http://localhost:8587/sources ( hope I typed that in right) as a source in File Manager and Media/Music. Neither one has worked the way it does when you add the music as a source from your PC.
When I can access the GoogleDrive folders through either of the sources I can see the files and when I click on one it doesn't play but it cycles through the list.
If I add the music from the PC as a source it will scrape, add and play from the library.
Hi @cguZZMan ,

I am getting the error message "Unknown error: No JSON object could be decoded. Please try again" I'm sure there is probably something simple to fix this but I cannot for the life of me work it out.

I am using Kodi 18.7, Google Drive version 1.3.6, on Nvidia Shield. I also can't work out how to access logs (I really am a bit dim!!), so can't post them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
(2020-07-17, 12:15)I_MacHunt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @cguZZMan ,

I am getting the error message "Unknown error: No JSON object could be decoded. Please try again" I'm sure there is probably something simple to fix this but I cannot for the life of me work it out.

I am using Kodi 18.7, Google Drive version 1.3.6, on Nvidia Shield. I also can't work out how to access logs (I really am a bit dim!!), so can't post them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Had the same problem, read the workaround here: https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl...-585847505 Wink
no replay for my problem?

Cannot see my team drives..what am I missing?
Can someone help me? I seem to have to manually click into gdrive and export strm when i have everything set to auto scan aswell as export strm on startup? When the library was smaller it did used to pick up directory changes  instantly
Tested on windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.7
Your google drive addon v1.3.6
My folder structure on computers.
/home/user/desktop/media /Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv

My folder structure on google drive.
Google drive/movies

My steps fresh install

I go to my movie folder in your addon a press "export to .strm files.."
Select my destination as /home/user/desktop/kodi
3.i check "update library after export" and "watch for changes in the cloud folder" and press save and run
It creates a folder structure and strm files for each movie eg. home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv.strm
After that if I add a new movie in a folder on Google drive eg.
Google drive/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)/saw 2.mkv
a folder will be created in the kodi folder in a few seconds eg
home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)
But no strm file created inside the Saw 2 (2005) folder
Testing
If I put the saw 2 (2005).mkv file into the movie directory without a subfolder eg.
Google drive/Movies/saw 2 (2005).mkv
It will create a strm file for the movie.
So it looks like it's just not creating strm in subfolders. Is it meant to create a strm in sub folders or have I missed a step?
(2020-07-25, 00:53)Yoshifriend Wrote: [ -> ]Tested on windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04
Kodi 18.7
Your google drive addon v1.3.6
My folder structure on computers.
/home/user/desktop/media /Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv

My folder structure on google drive.
Google drive/movies

My steps fresh install

I go to my movie folder in your addon a press "export to .strm files.."
Select my destination as /home/user/desktop/kodi
3.i check "update library after export" and "watch for changes in the cloud folder" and press save and run
It creates a folder structure and strm files for each movie eg. home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw (2004)/Saw (2004).mkv.strm
After that if I add a new movie in a folder on Google drive eg.
Google drive/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)/saw 2.mkv
a folder will be created in the kodi folder in a few seconds eg
home/user/desktop/kodi/Movies/Saw 2 (2005)
But no strm file created inside the Saw 2 (2005) folder
Testing
If I put the saw 2 (2005).mkv file into the movie directory without a subfolder eg.
Google drive/Movies/saw 2 (2005).mkv
It will create a strm file for the movie.
So it looks like it's just not creating strm in subfolders. Is it meant to create a strm in sub folders or have I missed a step?
Yes, you are right. it can export to subfolders with the rate 15-20%, so you have to export to the level one folder first then move them to the subfolders later by yourself.
With movies, I put the movie file directly into a folder instead of each folder.
With TV shows, I have to export manual for every show.
usphil ' Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are right. it can export to subfolders with the rate 15-20%, so you have to export to the level one folder first then move them to the subfolders later by yourself.
With movies, I put the movie file directly into a folder instead of each folder.
With TV shows, I have to export manual for every show.
Thanks good to know it's not just me but having them in a single folder won't work with radarr and sonarr and then I won't be able to have extras for movies in the folder with the movie so will have to find another way. Dam almost perfect solution
(2020-07-19, 15:01)stonecaper Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Cannot see my team drives..what am I missing?

Hi, i manage to fix this problem using rclone to mount shared drive localy on my coreelec box.
Setup is not so plug&play like addon but after initial setup works
First time using this add-on so sorry if I am missing something.  I had a few questions/issues:

1)  Is there a way to use a specific folder rather than the whole drive as a source?

2)  To try and get this working I copied a folder to my Drive (House (2004)) with a file (House S01E01).  I setup a source (http://localhost:8587/source/) and set the content to be TV Shows.  Nothing shows in my library after doing a refresh.

3)  When I go into files and find the video file and try to play it, it doesn't play or give an error.  I very briefly see a play icon at the bottom left of the screen and that is it. 

Thanks
Hi I wanna use this addon on my kodi headless. I copied addon and addon_data but I can't log in it.
I haven't got gpu I have to use terminal, How can I set acounts.cfg on drive-login.heroku.app?
Cause I wanna generate STRM by schedule on my cloud Ubuntu server

Thank you
Hi all,
There was a change on Google Drive API, where the "teamdrives" api was changed to just "drives". I'm about to fix it but no longer have a teamdrive to test it. Does anybody want to share a teamdrive so I can develop it?
(2020-07-28, 04:00)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,
There was a change on Google Drive API, where the "teamdrives" api was changed to just "drives". I'm about to fix it but no longer have a teamdrive to test it. Does anybody want to share a teamdrive so I can develop it?

I can help, I have a Teamdrive for testing purposes 😉