Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You don't understand what I mean. Photos from photos.google.com are not visible on Google Drive. If I do what you said, I still can only see Google Drive files
Addon working slowly if at all for anyone else?
Is the latest version in the Kodi repository?
Hi there,

Is the any reason why I cannot add an account?
I have downloaded the repo and installed the latest version from there and the dependency "Cloud Drive Common Module" is definitely installed, I've even tried to delete it and re-install but no success on adding an account.
Every time I try scanning the QR it says incorrect code and the Source IDs in Kodi and my phone (same on pc) are different even being on the same network.
@giaur it's really hard to help you if you just keep saying the same thing.. I'm telling you, you can see your Google Photos and stuff with the addon. Post every single step you follow to navigate the addon until the point you say you don't see the option.

@keithcq71 last version is not there. I'm going to put it there in the next version. Which i'm expecting will happen next month.

@cere84 the source id showing you different numbers means you devices are not in the same network. It is simple and straightforward. Both needs to have the same public ip. Make sure you are within the same wifi or local network, using the same wan/router. If you have vpn (not required/necessary for the addon), make sure both devices are going out thru the same server. At the end, what matters for the addon, it is the public ip you are connected to.
(2020-06-05, 19:39)Gunzzo Wrote: [ -> ]@cguZZMan How do I play audio without a silent pause between tracks?

Thank you for the work you have done.
UP!
I t looks like Android 9 made Kodi worse on my Mi Box S. I could use Kodi with this addon on 18 + but now I can only play files without problems on 17.6, problem is, most addons are old and are not being supported anymore.
The best add-on in kodi in my opinion 

have some questions if the export process isn't complete and watch on cloud is enabled 
Will it export the missing files or ignore them and add the files only ?

If there is subtitles next to .strm kodi don't see it, can you fix or its kodi problem ?

And why the version in your repo don’t  have the “Exported”  ?

Thanks a lot
@Gunzzo gapless playback is a Kodi feature that it is out of the scope of the addon.

@alazabe A full export is required before starting to watch for changes. It will ignore changes related to files not exported.
Subtitles next to a .strm is a kodi issue. You can test it with any strm file not related to the addon.
Not sure what you mean in your last question.
(2020-08-24, 21:30)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@Gunzzo gapless playback is a Kodi feature that it is out of the scope of the addon.

@alazabe A full export is required before starting to watch for changes. It will ignore changes related to files not exported.
Subtitles next to a .strm is a kodi issue. You can test it with any strm file not related to the addon.
Not sure what you mean in your last question.

If you exported any folder in team drive
It will Be under folder called “Exports”
To mange the exported folders
In the latest version in your repo that folder not shown !

Another question can i do backup for the addon and all the exported And how ?

Because i will delete this install to do fresh install

Thanks a lot for your amazing work
(2020-08-06, 15:00)Doktor-X Wrote: [ -> ]Like i say guys use rclone
https://rclone.org/drive/
and mount gdrive like a virtual local disk, and then you can do anything that you can do with your real disk. Its not hard to set this up
I have tried that, but it is incredibly slow, simply to read my music... it takes like 5 minutes per album! Any special setting I need to look at?
(2020-08-25, 19:14)theotocopulitos Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried that, but it is incredibly slow, simply to read my music... it takes like 5 minutes per album! Any special setting I need to look at?
I don know what to tell you im streaming 4k without problem using my s912 android box running coreelec
(2020-08-19, 04:16)onoakino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-06, 15:00)Doktor-X Wrote: [ -> ]Like i say guys use rclone
https://rclone.org/drive/
and mount gdrive like a virtual local disk, and then you can do anything that you can do with your real disk. Its not hard to set this up

Hi. I somehow am familiar with rclone because a google colab notebook i use has it. I mainly use rclone to link my gdrives together - copying files over to the other vice versa. I know how to create a config file for it. But I don't know how to use rclone, gdrive, and mibox together to achieve the ability to mount my remote drive as a virtual disk on my mibox. To be clear, am able to use this addon (v1.3.6) and I can access my teamdrive as well as "My Drive" without a problem. I'm just clueless on how to implement your suggestion regarding mounting a teamdrive as a virtual disk on mibox using rclone+mibox+gdrive combination. I would very much appreciate knowing how to do this on my mibox3.

Sorry for long reply time its summer after all
So on my s912 mecool box im running coreelec on sdcard and i dont know if you can do that but if you can, then you can install rclone and mount drive on android you can apperently mount gdrive using magisk module but i dont have that experience
i have the problem of slow playback or/and Freezing images. My internet is the same of always, and i have the problem on diferentent devices.
Can you stream from your google drive without having the kodi add-on? Like if I download google drive onto the home screen of my nvidia shield instead? I'm not sure that I'd want to add anymore add-ons into Kodi, it's already slow as it is.