Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Drive for KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
i'm having trouble to find the drive export settings, all i see relevant in googledrive addon settings is:
export.nfo files and skip unmodifed files, but where all the other export configurations?  
cheers.
(2020-09-23, 19:46)jonsnow30 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all
i'm having trouble to find the drive export settings, all i see relevant in googledrive addon settings is:
export.nfo files and skip unmodifed files, but where all the other export configurations?  
cheers.
Addon > Google Drive > your account > Exports
(2020-09-23, 21:13)maxess Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-23, 19:46)jonsnow30 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all
cheers.
Addon > Google Drive > your account > Exports

oh so right click on the drive itself, then i see export in the side menu,  thanks!
Hi all,

Just quick question but how to export .nfo files I already toggle on the "Export NFO file" on Settings>>Google Drive>>Export Service. Also when exporting as strm file, the option "create .nfo file" is also checked on as well as skip unmodified files. However it seems no nfo file is generated to my local library/ exported folder. Is there something that I miss? I had each tvshow.nfo just directly after the each tv show folder ( e.g : Lucifer>>tvshow.nfo)
Looks like a Google outage is causing issues for the addon
Anyone can confirm if the export nfo function actually work on the latest version of Google Drive plugin (v 1.3.6) or do I need to revert back to the kodi official repository one? I have also updated Kodi to v 18.8
Please lemme know because I need those metadata to help TVDB scan more accurately. 

Speaking of TVDB, they're experiencing random sh*t on the API causing broken setup on my Kodi fresh install. Just my luck I guess...
(2020-09-25, 05:19)teamrocket Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can confirm if the export nfo function actually work on the latest version of Google Drive plugin (v 1.3.6) or do I need to revert back to the kodi official repository one? I have also updated Kodi to v 18.8
Please lemme know because I need those metadata to help TVDB scan more accurately. 

Speaking of TVDB, they're experiencing random sh*t on the API causing broken setup on my Kodi fresh install. Just my luck I guess...

I figured it out. If you previously already has exported the strm files and quite possibly no media changes then the nfo file will also be skipped along. I deleted/Move the folder then re-export strm files and it works. Just a note for others who may stumble upon the same issue
I have a significant number of movies that do not get scanned by google drive and therefore no strm is created, however an empty folder is created.

Furthermore, if I laboriously search for the missing movies and individually direct the google drive add-on to create a strm for that movie then it does 100% of the time but this is not a solution. Any help or advice?

thanks
(2020-10-03, 00:05)Droidly Wrote: [ -> ]I have a significant number of movies that do not get scanned by google drive and therefore no strm is created, however an empty folder is created.

Furthermore, if I laboriously search for the missing movies and individually direct the google drive add-on to create a strm for that movie then it does 100% of the time but this is not a solution. Any help or advice?

thanks
Update, so I had some success by finding and deleting all the empty strm movie folders.
I closed kodi and restarted kodi.
I used the google add-on to create the movie strm's again without removing or deleting existing strms. No nfo's.
It worked and it found them all 100%.

Hope this helps someone.
Sometimes the videos simply don't play. Full log here.
Hi,
after the new update for googledrive v1.4.1, the addon starts automatically to export all my drives (again), did a quite mess to my library... did it happen only to me?

also, i saw in the userdata folder that the Accounts and the exports files become - > "accounts.cfg.migrated"  "export-1RpLjiFCCdtkR5RzE_rBaHCHejY.items.failed"
Hi all,
New version 1.4.2 is in my repository. 
What has changed:
- Fixes the way the addon storages the metadata of configuration it needs. Before, it was using text files like "accounts.cfg", "exports.cfg", "export-x.items", etc. Now, it was changed to local sqlite databases (.db files). This was necessary to fix the "unknow error" that was randomly happen and corrupting the text files. This was a must and there is no way around. The addon will try to migrate your current cfg file to the new sqlite database, but if your file is not readable or something happens in the process, it will create a ".failed" file and then just continue. If this happened to you, simply make sure to add your export or account again and you should be good to go. There was no other way to fix this problem and hopefully sqlite will resolve all issues related with corruption.
- Fixes the export and the "watch for changes" functionality. Sometimes, some videos or files were not exported. It should be working now. Remember that a full export is required to start looking for changes. This full export gets the metadata of the files that the addon requires for watching. This is stored in the export-items.db file. If this file is not found or does not contain the metadata for the export, it will do the full export automatically to get them.
- Artwork download is now possible. The complete list of artwork files, banner, fanart, folder, cover, etc., not just nfo. Just select the option "Download artwork" in your export configuration. If you had selected the old "NFO" option here, you must select the "Download artwork" again. Sorry for this but just trying to keep the code clean.
- Export automatically skips unmodified files. It will not touch your existent strm or artwork files if it has the expected size which is the way the addon checks for modifications between your drive and local files.
- Now it is possible to play videos that are "shortcuts" from shared drives. This was a new feature of Google Drive and seem to be must to have in the addon.

So in conclusion, check your accounts and exports. Make sure the addon completes the first full export and the watch for changes should be working fine.

If you found an issue, go to github and open an issue there, with the full required information. https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googledrive/issues

Now I will try to answer some questions.
@jonsnow30 Check my previous post.

@jaum20 The version of your common module is old. Make sure you have the new version. You can install the lastest version from my repository.

@Droidly @teamrocket The new version in my repository should fix it. Check my previous post

@maxess the new version should fix the corruption issue and also the watch for changes functionality

@ntilikp if your issue is still happening, go to github and open an issue there.
(2020-10-11, 16:10)cguZZMan Wrote: [ -> ]@jonsnow30 Check my previous post.

@jaum20 The version of your common module is old. Make sure you have the new version. You can install the lastest version from my repository.

@Droidly @teamrocket The new version in my repository should fix it. Check my previous post

@maxess the new version should fix the corruption issue and also the watch for changes functionality

@ntilikp if your issue is still happening, go to github and open an issue there.

Hi Carlos, thanks for the add-on and all of your efforts. I downloaded script.module.clouddrive.common-1.3.0.zip & 1.3.1.zip, plugin.googledrive-1.4.1.zip & 1.4.2.zip and none will install from kodi using add from zip file. I get errors saying "failed to install due to invalid structure". I downloaded all 4 from your repository.

ideas? advice?
Edit: I downloaded them again and the file sizes were different and the install worked.

Sorry for the confusion.