Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV 2 VC-1 playback stuttering on Krypton 17.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a Fire TV 2 because of experiences I had with VC-1 Blu-Ray playback in Kodi on the original Fire TV--stuttering, skipped frames, etc.  Despite no hardware decoding the boost in horsepower seemed to do the trick, and Kodi would happily play back VC-1 encoded Blu-Rays.

Fast forward to Krypton, and I've noticed the stuttering problem I experienced withe the original Fire TV has returned.  Out of curiosity, I installed VLC and tried a number of VC-1 encoded Blu-Rays.  They all worked without problem.

Any idea what might be going on within Kodi to cause this stutter?  Specifically, any suggestions on playback setting to mitigate this.  I might just revert to the last version of Jarvis to see if the problem persists, but thought I'd check here first before doing that.
I have a similar stuttering on kodi 17.6..
When i play samples 4k or things on USB stick on kodi with the player is not as smooth as when i play them with the android player outside kodi..

To minimize the stuttering i only found a small solution..
on Proccesing.
As you cannot change the render method default is (autodetect)
change the HQ scalators to 0% (default is 20%)
that makes that cpu works more harder but at least is nearly as smooth as android player, but still some steps behing it...

Anybody could explain exactly what are doing the HQ scalator??, i have only a 1080p TV dont need to upscale videos..

Could be there any possibility to change the player from kodi to the one that is used by android..
Or if its the same player that means that some procesing is not going fine inside kodi, could be a option to overpass that processing??..