Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Youtube Sound issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheers guys!

I have a weird sound issue with Youtube. I am using Isengard with OpenELEC and have my Box connected to the TV via HDMI Cable. The sound system is connected via 3,5 mm jack on the TV backside. If i play videos on youtube it sometimes happens that no sound is coming. Then i start the video again and the sound is there. Other Add-On's like the built-in Music- or Videoplayer have no problem. I can start a Radiostream or watch Videos from several Add-On's with no issue. Just Youtube is fu*** around the whole time Big Grin

The issue came as i changed my soundsystem. But i dont get why?! Cause i just changed from a Logitech 2.1 system to a Logitech 5.1 system (but with only 3 boxes plugged in). I guess it is a passtrough issue. If i deactivate and reactivate the passtrough mode in settings while playing a video with no sound, then suddenly the sound comes.

Maybe someone have similar issues... thanks in advance! greetings
Hello @Tron91

You are a couple major versions behind, and using a build that is not maintained anymore.

Why not upgrade to the latest version of LibreElec and see if that fixes your problem.
Yeah sure that maybe would solve the problem. But in the worst case i need to set up a new system with all it's settings i've done in Isengard. A whole bunch of sources, sftp settings and so on.... :/
Ok, i did a new installation with LibreElec. Same Issue.
Plug your kodi computer into your amp, then the amp into the tv, all via HDMI.
Dont have an amp... It is just an audio system with 3.5 audio jack!