Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logitech Harmony lags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Does anybody fixed lagging problem with harmony remotes?
I'm using Libreelec, (I think it doesn't matter because the same behavior was with Ubuntu+Kodi) and Harmony 350 with CEC. I've tried to lower delay values in harmony software and didn't help. In comparison to standard Samsung remote it's slow like a turtle... Anyone has similar feelings or solution?
I use a Harmony 650 with a FLIRC reciever and don't notice any lags.  Is there anything more you can share about your setup that might help us see where the issue might be?
From harmony soft:
- inter-key and inter-device delay is set to 0
I'm using Pulse-Eight USB - CEC Adapter for Libreelec on Zotac machine.
Has the setup always been laggy for you? If you have a few dollars (OK, like $25 I think), it might be worth trying a FLIRC. There is a Harmony entry for it, and the FLIRC converts the remote presses to keyboard presses in hardware, so there is no software you have to run to use it (you do need a Windows or Mac if you want to change any of the mappings).

Or a different USB adapter. Or maybe try repositioning the IR reciever.  I had a setup once that had horrid lag until I moved the reciever so that it was very, very line of sight.
Lags are from the beginning. It uses connectivity through TV using CEC, so receiver has good visibility. It's strange, because with Samsung TV remote with CEC module it works great. I think, it must be something with harmony.
(2017-12-02, 11:57)orzechszek Wrote: [ -> ]Lags are from the beginning. It uses connectivity through TV using CEC, so receiver has good visibility. It's strange, because with Samsung TV remote with CEC module it works great. I think, it must be something with harmony.
In my limited experience of cec (on a couple of vieras) it has very noticeable lag relative to an mce receiver (both using the same harmony).
(2017-12-01, 17:21)orzechszek Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Does anybody fixed lagging problem with harmony remotes?
I'm using Libreelec, (I think it doesn't matter because the same behavior was with Ubuntu+Kodi) and Harmony 350 with CEC. I've tried to lower delay values in harmony software and didn't help. In comparison to standard Samsung remote it's slow like a turtle... Anyone has similar feelings or solution?

Harmony always lags. Nothing to do about it.
Does anybody found universal remote like harmony without lags?
(2017-12-02, 12:57)orzechszek Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody found universal remote like harmony without lags?
 I used to have a Harmony, but got tired of the lag. Tried every setting, but it seems you cannot get rid of the lag.
I bought a FLIRC v 2.0. and programmed my ordinary TV remote, no lag what so ever, and only one remote on the TV table.

Per
Using bluetooth with the Hub based Harmony remotes has no lag.
I also tried every configuration and it's getting more and more irritating. As I said.. samsung TV remote, even my old RF remote works better than this "great" universal thing. I had a dream to have one remote to rule them all.. TV, kodi and amplifier.. but probably I must accept it as it is and back to an old solutions. 
@jjd-uk - you think about hub based harmony remotes, or something else?
(2017-12-05, 11:30)orzechszek Wrote: [ -> ]I also tried every configuration and it's getting more and more irritating. As I said.. samsung TV remote, even my old RF remote works better than this "great" universal thing. I had a dream to have one remote to rule them all.. TV, kodi and amplifier.. but probably I must accept it as it is and back to an old solutions. 
@jjd-uk - you think about hub based harmony remotes, or something else?
Does 'I also tried every configuration' include using a usb receiver rather than cec?
No. for harmony I use only CEC for that. Configuration I mean harmony delays. It upsets me, because my old RF remote and samsung TV remote on CEC configuration work  fluently with Kodi but I want to have one remote, also for ampli. So, probably I back to work with two remotes.
(2017-12-05, 14:43)orzechszek Wrote: [ -> ]No. for harmony I use only CEC for that. Configuration I mean harmony delays. It upsets me, because my old RF remote and samsung TV remote on CEC configuration work  fluently with Kodi but I want to have one remote, also for ampli. So, probably I back to work with two remotes.
Maybe I'm missing something - but why not try a usb receiver and use the one remote?  It just means adding a device to your harmony activity.
You're talking about IR receiver ?
Pages: 1 2