Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shield issue - Movies won't play from Kodi home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a brand new Shield last night and installed Kodi. I made my way to the folder where the movies reside (which is on an external hard drive) and got to the context menu and added the folder. The movies in the folder scanned in and show up on the Kodi home screen, but when I select them from there, they do not play. Either nothing happens, or I get an error message that they failed to play. This happens when I select from the title list as well. I have to go to the movie folders and drill all the way down to the actual stream in the BDMV folder and select it before it will play. Is there a switch I need to flip? I am a long time Kodi user on my PC, and never had a similar problem. Thanks.
Hello @fastnee

You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs