Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Streaming stutter over Gibabit LAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been driving me mad for sometime but I just thought I post this to see if anyone else has come across this.

I've had problems with streaming certain ISO files over the network, stutter with aq=0 stopping at same points of the film. Was suspicious over the latest build but I recently upgraded the LAN to Gigabit for faster file transfers between machines.

Network topology is PC File Server (Intel Gigabit NIC) -> DLink DIR 655 Router -> Xbox (latest Tech release)

Started trying to debug everything to figure out what was going wrong and finally tried to change the file server's network card settings from 1000mbps/Full Duplex to 100mbps/Full Duplex to mimic the old configuration. Stuttering stops on test video when the NIC is configured to 100mbps/Full Duplex.

Has anyone come across this, I've noticed a few people having problems streaming from GIGABIT NAS devices?
change the cache amount? I know I was trying to play a high bitrate music video and it kept stuttering, changed the cache settings and fixed it.
Yes I played with all sorts of cache settings. I don't think this is actually anything to do with xbmc. The odd thing is everything works perfectly when I drop the File Server's NIC speed from 1000 to 100Mbit.
there is a known hardware problem with the xbox nic and gigabit. think it's related to jumboframes so you could try searching the forum or disable jumboframes on the server