Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anyone put Kodi on the new Element TV Amazon Fire TV Edition yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just bought a new (Cyber Monday deal) Element 4k TV, Amazon Fire TV Edition. Manufacturers Product Page
I'd like to install Kodi on it. Has anyone else put Kodi on this TV yet?

Thanks,

da1Bear
So can I get this right? It is a TV running FireOS (or whatever the firetv operating system is called).

I guess you would install same as if it were a firetv.

Good luck with that, I would be prepared to risk bricking a firetv given the price point, but probably not an expensive TV!
(2017-12-03, 07:46)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]So can I get this right? It is a TV running FireOS (or whatever the firetv operating system is called).

I guess you would install same as if it were a firetv.

Good luck with that, I would be prepared to risk bricking a firetv given the price point, but probably not an expensive TV!
No bricking, just get an app from the official amazon store, and use that to download and install kodi.
(2017-12-03, 17:07)thesuffering Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sideload-...ownloader/
Thanks, this looks to be exactly what I was looking for. I've already gotten downloader from the Amazon App Store and installed it without issue.