Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crashes EVERY TIME I OPEN IT!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded Kodi for my linux system and every damn time I open it, Kodi freezes on me. This is horse sh*t. If anyone has had the same problem and knows how to fix it, please let me know. The developers need to fix this crap; this application has been nothing but bugs so far. I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS if that helps narrow it down any.
Sorry - we cannot fix your crap linux installation and you are NOT our customer. Kodi has users, kodi is free.

If you cannot manage a linux installation (even basic debug information is missing), install libreelec, which does everything for you: www.libreelec.tv
(2017-12-04, 07:22)angry customer Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS if that helps narrow it down any.
Not really. You do need to understand that we are not sitting on a chair next to you, so we cannot even see what is all happening on your Ubuntu box, or even know what all its technical specifications are. The proverbial crystal ball does not apply here.

So what more can you tell us, apart from providing the necessary debug log (wiki) file and other than "it doesn't work"? Normally Linux users do have the extra feel with computers.
Perfect way to get no help EVER is posted by the OP for others information Smile
Wow, great post ‘angry customer’.
Please post again when you understand things a little better.