Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Win10 + GT 1030 + 4k @ 60hz flickering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I was using my htpc with win10 and a Nvidia gt210 for 1080p and it was fine.
Now with my new TV hisense 49m5700 I upgraded my you to GT 1030.
My problem is that when I change the resolution in Windows it will change to 2160p @ 30hz and everything is ok, but when I change to 60hz the windows and buttons in the windows start flickering. I have the hdmi cable plugged to the hdmi port on TV that supports 4k@60hz.
I'm using a cable from Mitsai that supposedly is 2.0 version. Could this problem be regarding the hdmi cable?

If I set the resolution to 1080p@60hz everything is OK.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 4 através de Tapatalk
Have you got another cable you can try with? From experience, HDMI cables can be hit and miss with 4k60, especially when you enable features which use 600hz bandwidth.
Not right now, but I am waiting for this one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/r.html?C=1N4HTJ...81_TE_dp_1

Another thing I also notice is a small freeze every second while playing movies

Should desktop and Kodi meet the same resolution?

(2017-12-10, 17:18)epikkka Wrote: [ -> ]Not right now, but I am waiting for this one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/r.html?C=1N4HTJ...81_TE_dp_1

Another thing I also notice is a small freeze every second while playing movies

(2017-12-10, 17:22)epikkka Wrote: [ -> ]Should desktop and Kodi meet the same resolution?

Since getting a 4k setup and having issues I have only been using HDMI premium certified cables, not sure if that is one.
Also, the HDFURY guys recommend a cable between 2-4m to prevent interference. (I originally went with 0.5m but am getting red lines in 4k content)

Isn't the flickering happening outside of Kodi?
(2017-12-11, 00:08)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Since getting a 4k setup and having issues I have only been using HDMI premium certified cables, not sure if that is one.
Also, the HDFURY guys recommend a cable between 2-4m to prevent interference. (I originally went with 0.5m but am getting red lines in 4k content)

Yes, the flickering happens outside Kodi when i set resolution to 2160p@60hz with 30hz its ok.
I'm sure the cable is plugged in the 4k@60hz hdmi port in the TV.

I'm using a 1m cable.
(2017-12-11, 00:36)epikkka Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-11, 00:08)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Since getting a 4k setup and having issues I have only been using HDMI premium certified cables, not sure if that is one.

Yes, the flickering happens outside Kodi when i set resolution to 2160p@60hz with 30hz its ok.
I'm sure the cable is plugged in the 4k@60hz hdmi port in the TV.

I'm using a 1m cable.
Did you ever resolve your issue? I just got a 4k hdr TV hooked up to a Yamaha Avent age 3070 and my htpc going into that. The cables I have are from monoprice and say high-speed on them... Probably 7 years old. However 4k Netflix and Disney + play fine via roku using same cables. When I switch pc to 1080p it runs fine. 4k native gets choppy and goes black every 30 seconds or so. Hoping someone has idea of issue.