Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Network error on playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Kodi running on Pi and Win10.  Pi version is fine - it uses samba shares to access music on the Win10 box.  The Win version has all my music and it plays fine. However, when I try to go under playlists I get a "could not connect to network server" error and never get to see the playlists.   Since the playlists are on the same box as Kodi, I'm not sure what is going on.

The music playlists use relative references. I double checked that there were no hard coded references.  

The structure of the Music library (and what I selected in Kodi for the music library) is:

\Music
   \Mike
      \Artist
         \Album
            \Track - Artist.mp3
   \Playlists
        A Playlist.m3u
(2017-12-11, 00:51)michaeljc70 Wrote: [ -> ]I have Kodi running on Pi and Win10.  Pi version is fine - it uses samba shares to access music on the Win10 box.  The Win version has all my music and it plays fine. However, when I try to go under playlists I get a "could not connect to network server" error and never get to see the playlists.   Since the playlists are on the same box as Kodi, I'm not sure what is going on.

The music playlists use relative references. I double checked that there were no hard coded references.  

The structure of the Music library (and what I selected in Kodi for the music library) is:

\Music
   \Mike
      \Artist
         \Album
            \Track - Artist.mp3
   \Playlists
        A Playlist.m3u
Nevermind.  Dumb mistake from when I copied my settings over from the Pi box.  Advancedsettings.xml had this:

<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://musicplaylists</from>
    <to>/storage/music/playlists/</to>
  </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>

I deleted it and all is fine.  I forgot about that setting and came across it searching this forum.