Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB Connection Refused But Other Shares Visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, not certain if this is the proper location but here goes...

Have Krypton installed on a Sony TV and working well for Movies and 4K Movie files. All are hosted on a Western Digital MyCloud EX2 on our home network via public shares \Movies and \4K Movies.

When I attempt to add TV Shows to the library I navigate to the add-source dialog and attempt to browse the SMB shares. Sometimes our WORKGROUP (name edited) is visible, sometimes not. When it does appear selecting it creates a "Connection Refused" error. I've restarted all hardware in the chain, and confirmed that the EX2 is correctly a member of the same workgroup, etc, to no avail. The shared folders for Movies, 4K Movies, and TV Shows all share the same permissions (and are all accessible from other Fire TV Kodi installs on our network, so seems limited to the Android TV install).

What is odd to me is that both Movies and 4K Movies are also hosted on the same device and are functioning normally. I have had no success manually entering the SMB path either. 

Any thoughts on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks!
(2017-12-11, 21:27)sddjd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, not certain if this is the proper location but here goes...

Have Krypton installed on a Sony TV and working well for Movies and 4K Movie files. All are hosted on a Western Digital MyCloud EX2 on our home network via public shares \Movies and \4K Movies.

When I attempt to add TV Shows to the library I navigate to the add-source dialog and attempt to browse the SMB shares. Sometimes our WORKGROUP (name edited) is visible, sometimes not. When it does appear selecting it creates a "Connection Refused" error. I've restarted all hardware in the chain, and confirmed that the EX2 is correctly a member of the same workgroup, etc, to no avail. The shared folders for Movies, 4K Movies, and TV Shows all share the same permissions (and are all accessible from other Fire TV Kodi installs on our network, so seems limited to the Android TV install).

What is odd to me is that both Movies and 4K Movies are also hosted on the same device and are functioning normally. I have had no success manually entering the SMB path either. 

Any thoughts on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks!
Were you able to get this issue resolved?