Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Use GPU for 4K, help. LIBRELEC ATI RX 460
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I am new here and I used to have Kodi installed on Windows 10. My system is a very old Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 3GB de RAM, video card ATI RX 460 2GB RAM. On windows 10 64 bits I could get the GPU hardware acceleration and watch 4K videos flawless, but for other reasons, I had to put Linux (Librelec).
So, i put Librelec Krypton 8.2.1 MR and I can't use the GPU acceleration. If I run 4K videos HEVC, I have a choppy image (when the CPU usage sometimes get in 100%). At 1080p no issues.
I would like to know how can I activate my ATI RX 460 hardware to process the video instead of Intel CPU. I already check all the video acceleration options and nothing. 
Thanks fot any help.
Short Version: AMD does not support HEVC 10 bit via HW acceleration on Linux with VDPAU that kodi supports.

Future versions of libva / vaapi (namely version 2.1 not yet released) will have that support - after the bits missing will be implemented in kodi.
(2017-12-13, 23:23)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Short Version: AMD does not support HEVC 10 bit via HW acceleration on Linux with VDPAU that kodi supports.

Future versions of libva / vaapi (namely version 2.1 not yet released) will have that support - after the bits missing will be implemented in kodi.
 Thank you. I have to return to windows Sad