Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to prevent immediate playing of "Queued items"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

In Kodi when navigating the Music library one can uses the Context menu and the "Queue item" command to add the currently selected item to the play list.

If nothing is playing when one queues something, the playback is started immediatly after the first item has been queued. I would like that the playback only starts when I explicitly hit the Play button instead, is there a way to do that ?
I would suspect that has something to do with the auto play next setting, but that is only a guess. Or you could pause playback - another guess.
Thanks for your guess but I disabled Auto play next (precisely because I use Queue item to dynamically construct my playlist) and it's the same. It seems that no setting is able to prevent the automatic playing the of the first queued item.
(2017-12-19, 18:42)Geeeronimo Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that no setting is able to prevent the automatic playing the of the first queued item.
Yeap, afraid so. Better than guess I had a look at the code, starting playback on queuing is the designed library behaviour.
See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Krypto...e.cpp#L639

That leaves you pausing immediately what has started.
Thanks for tbe information, and have a nice Christmas !