Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Complete Noobie to Kodi, HELP !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm Nick and want to get Kodi on a fire stick, I have installed a version from you tube but its Kak, can some one please point me in the right direction to help me install a reliable install and how to use it ?? Sorry I don’t understand much of the terminology used but am willing to try and learn, I want it to stream films and programs to my TV.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and for any information shared.   ;-)
Some of the links in my signature below may help you, and also the wiki page on HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV (wiki).

But just to be clear, Kodi is a media player for playing back local media you own and legal streaming media provided by broadcasting companies. It is not a route to free movies and TV shows.
(2017-12-20, 12:58)npikey Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm Nick and want to get Kodi on a fire stick, I have installed a version from you tube but its Kak, can some one please point me in the right direction to help me install a reliable install and how to use it ?? Sorry I don’t understand much of the terminology used but am willing to try and learn, I want it to stream films and programs to my TV.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and for any information shared.   ;-)
 I don't have a firestick, if you are trying to install a "build" then you will get no help here. This might be a help https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/ 

when you say kak, I assume you get stuttering? Bear in mind, it depends on your source, which is? NAS? or internet? I think the firestick only has wifi, so playing HD might be difficult. 

Kodi, only allows you to playback your own legally owned content, so if you are trying to stream movies/sport then no one here can help
(2017-12-20, 13:12)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-20, 12:58)npikey Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm Nick and want to get Kodi on a fire stick, I have installed a version from you tube but its Kak, can some one please point me in the right direction to help me install a reliable install and how to use it ?? Sorry I don’t understand much of the terminology used but am willing to try and learn, I want it to stream films and programs to my TV.

I don't have a firestick, if you are trying to install a "build" then you will get no help here. This might be a help https://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/ 

when you say kak, I assume you get stuttering? Bear in mind, it depends on your source, which is? NAS? or internet? I think the firestick only has wifi, so playing HD might be difficult. 

Kodi, only allows you to playback your own legally owned content, so if you are trying to stream movies/sport then no one here can help  
Thanks for the quick replies, looks like some bed time reading then, ;-) as said, I know nothing about Kodi, I just need basic info as a starting point .