Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cropped vertical text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,
I'm currently trying to write an Estouchy mod for Android, basically a vertical UI with a bigger font. It goes slowly because....I'm a total noob trying to understand how it works.

My problem is, if the horizontal text size doesn't fit the text box size, it will be cropped. So, even if it fit vertically, the text is cropped (also I'm not a native english, as you can see Big Grin ). 

Cropped text

I would like to know if it comes from Kodi itself and if it can be corrected, by an update or by changing the method the text size is calculated.
I just increased the text box size for the moment, but I'd like to avoid making gigantic buttons for every setting.

Increased textbox size

Well , thanks in advance for the help.
hard to tell without any code ;-)

in case you're using <angle> to rotate the text, try if it works better with a rotate animation.
(2017-12-20, 20:24)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]hard to tell without any code ;-)

in case you're using <angle> to rotate the text, try if it works better with a rotate animation.
Yup I just added "<angle>90</angle>" right after the font codeline. As I said I'm totally new in the skinning so I don't actually know how to rotate a text using animation so I'll come back later when it will be done.

Thanks for the help  Smile
(2017-12-20, 20:24)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]hard to tell without any code ;-)

Sorry for the delay, you know how weird family is "gnagna go out with us gnagna you can't just stay in your cave not seeing the sun gnagna it's Christmas so please come gnagna"... 
Well, it worked perfectly, and it will probably make the work way easier. Thanks for the help and enjoy the last 2017 days  Wink !