Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Win 10 Fall Creators Update - SMB Shares empty within Kodi (ES File Explorer works)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i recently installed Win 10 on my PC and updated to the latest Fall Creators Update 1709 (Build 16299.125).

It looks like M$ deactivated smbv1 in the latest update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...rsion-1709

I am using Kodi 17.6 on my FireTV and Oneplus 5 and both are not able to connect to the Windows shares.

Sometimes i get an error (Invalid Argument, Network not found etc) when accessing the share, but most of the time the folder is just empty.

On my other PC, i still have Win 10 1703 (Build 15063.786) and there are no problems.
Everything works smooth as f*** Wink

Any suggestions?

Greeting, Daniel
As long as you're conscious of the security risks, you can re-enable it.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check or uncheck the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support"

It isn't recommended to do that long term though due to those risks. Leia will support SMB2 and SMB3 on android (nightlies currently also do) but Krypton doesn't. So your choices are temporary re-enabling, upgrading to a Leia nightly or using a different protocol.
(2017-12-20, 21:17)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you're conscious of the security risks, you can re-enable it.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check or uncheck the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support"

It isn't recommended to do that long term though due to those risks. Leia will support SMB2 and SMB3 on android (nightlies currently also do) but Krypton doesn't. So your choices are temporary re-enabling, upgrading to a Leia nightly or using a different protocol.
Hi, thanks for the quick answer.

I already tried to reactivate SMB 1.0, but it doesn't show up.

It ususally shows up around SMB Direct, but it is not.

Long story short... i installed the nightly and it works smooth as f*** Wink

Thx Wink
(2017-12-20, 21:32)dazw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-20, 21:17)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you're conscious of the security risks, you can re-enable it.

Hi, thanks for the quick answer.

I already tried to reactivate SMB 1.0, but it doesn't show up.

It ususally shows up around SMB Direct, but it is not.

Long story short... i installed the nightly and it works smooth as f*** Wink

Thx Wink 
 Update: No sound with nightly :/ 

Nevermind, maybe the next nightly will be with sound again Wink
You may need to reboot the Windows machine after making the smb change if you didn't already.

I'm not running Leia at the moment so can't assist with issues there, sorry.
Hint: SPMC has SMB2 support Smile

Look in the Kodi > Services > SMB client section

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/936
(2017-12-21, 01:36)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Hint: SPMC has SMB2 support Smile

Look in the Kodi > Services > SMB client section

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/936
The Kodi L Nightly für arm64 has sound, the "normal" not Sad 

I tried SPMC and i can access my Win 10 shares AND i have sound Big Grin

Thx Big Grin
Nightlies by their very nature can have transient glitches, but usually get fixed quite quickly.

But you have a choice of options now that work, so hopefully all is good...