Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What's wrong with Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have Kodi on 2 desktops (hooked to tvs) plus my laptop. The main desktop has a drive with all my digital movies. The other desktop and laptop are homegrouped. For some reason on the desktops Kodi won't play a couple of my movies but I can play them on my laptop. And, on the laptop I can't correct the dvd covers that Kodi sets them as which are so wrong. It says it can't connect to the remote server. I've checked that the homegroups are all good and they are. I mean I can watch the movies that are on 1 computer on the other 2. It's not my internet because it is the same whether it's wifi or ethernet. Kodi was downloaded and installed on all 3 at the same time. I really hope I won't have to reinstall it again on all 3 because I have problems with one movie when setting it up. For some reason I have to keep renaming Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 before Kodi will recognize it. That's another headache I've had to deal with but this one is really getting on my last nerve. The 2 movies I can't watch on the tv are rogue one and the force awakens. I want to do a star wars marathon before we got and see the new one. But, I can't unless we all crowd around my laptop to watch those 2. Not gonna happen.
(2017-12-20, 22:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to keep renaming Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 before Kodi will recognize it.
So something else is changing it back to something else? Sounds to me like a bad (illegal) add-on going rogue...

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2017-12-20, 22:44)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-20, 22:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to keep renaming Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 before Kodi will recognize it.
So something else is changing it back to something else? Sounds to me like a bad (illegal) add-on going rogue...

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

I will have uninstall Kodi and then reinstall it.
You don't need to uninstall to create a debug log (wiki). Follow the instructions in klojum's post.
(2017-12-21, 00:14)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to uninstall to create a debug log (wiki). Follow the instructions in klojum's post.
 i can't recreate kodi not recognizing harry potter when it's already in there
(2017-12-20, 22:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I have to keep renaming Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 before Kodi will recognize it.
Ok, but your statement makes is sounds like it is repeatable. Can you repeat it?
(2017-12-21, 01:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-20, 22:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I have to keep renaming Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2 before Kodi will recognize it.
Ok, but your statement makes is sounds like it is repeatable. Can you repeat it? 
it happens when i have to do a new install because of a new computer or having to reinstall windows. when i have to do a fresh install i have to play with harry potter. but, my main problem has been forgotten. why can't i get my star wars to play?
Your main problem hasn't been forgotten. We are still waiting for you to provide the debug log (wiki).
(2017-12-21, 05:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Your main problem hasn't been forgotten. We are still waiting for you to provide the debug log (wiki).
 yes it's coming. i decided that if i'm going to be messing with the movie titles i'm gonna redo all the computers. i'm waiting for the other two to finish recognizing all my movies so i can go in and change them so they all work together.
(2017-12-21, 19:54)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-21, 05:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ] 
ok i got the log now where do it find it to post it?
(2017-12-21, 20:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-21, 05:50)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ] 
 https://pastebin.com/hAmgbHMj
(2017-12-21, 20:49)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-21, 20:30)jjsmith94 Wrote: [ -> ]
 https://pastebin.com/hAmgbHMj 
well, my star wars r working but not the alien subtitles. i didn't rip my dvds i shrunk them. they have all the files the dvd has. the subtitles used to work but now they don't. i went into the audio settings on the movies and subtitles are on but i am getting nothing.
Had a look at your log, but you haven't enabled Debug Mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging. Can you redo and ensure you capture the problem in the log.

But I can see an Audio problem. Can't tell exactly what yet, but if you adjust your Audio driver in Settings>System Settings>Audio to use WASAPI, that might fix the issue of the Star Wars not playing.

Also, when replying don't use the "Reply" button, which is what gives you all those annoying quotes. Just type directly into the box at the bottom of the thread press "Post Reply" Smile
now the star wars aren't working. and this is a fresh install of kodi. i uninstalled kodi and any remaining files and redownloaded it and installed it. it worked at first but now no. you should be able to see that in the log
Pages: 1 2 3