Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield - DTS HD Master
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! A newcomer to the community here!

I really need some help. I have a Nvidia Shield TV plugged in to my Samsung Soundbar HWK-960 and I'm using KODI on the Shield to play movies through my external harddrive. But whenever the audio is DTS HD Master there's no sound (DTS HD and DTS is fine). Is there any way for me to fix this in the settings or something?
Appreciate all the help I can get!
No - sorry. We exactly pass through the IEC packages. Sure that Soundbar supports it? Which DTS-HD streams work?
(2017-12-21, 18:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No - sorry. We exactly pass through the IEC packages. Sure that Soundbar supports it? Which DTS-HD streams work?
 Seems like I was wrong. The DTS-HD movies don't seem to have any sound either. But what I find strange is that when my PC is plugged in to the soundbar there's sound but not with the Shield... Guess I could always convert the audiofile if there's nothing else that can be done.
U have pass through enabled for the hd audio formats?
Are you sure your soundbar can decode DTS HD? Looking at its specs, I find it suspicious that is says this...

Dolby Digital - Dolby Atmos / Dolby True HD / Dolby Digital Plus
DTS Digital - Surround DTS 2ch
It seems that the soundbar doesn't support DTS-HD MA audio format.
Hi, I have an issue with DTS-HD Master (no sound) using kodi 18.9 android on an nvidia shield.  The same file however works fine with spmc 16.7 using "Android, Raw Passthrough" or "Android, IEC Passthrough".  I've tried every combination I can think of with no luck.  I can however play regular DTS with kodi.  I'm using a Yamaha a740 avr and a Sony A8H oled tv, I do have passthrough enabled on the tv for dts.  Any ideas? Thanks.