Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episodes Not Showing After Hard Drive Move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I am having trouble with Kodi and it is very frustrating. I put in a new hard drive that was larger and then copied all of my media folder to the new drive. The structure that Kodi previously recognized has not changed. I changed the source to the new drive in Kodi and none of my shows show up. I tried renaming them again with Filebot, I tried restructuring the folders and no matter what I do nothing will show in Kodi except my movies. Everytime I change the structure or rename, the epsiode count on Kodi goes up but there are no episodes. I really don't understand why it will not recognize tv shows that it previously did and I am at a loss as to how to fix this. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful!
debug log (wiki)
(2017-12-24, 23:47)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]debug log (wiki)
 Yes, that would probably be helpful!

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26247926/ 

This shows it skipping all the folder due to no change.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26247948/

And now, trying changing the scrapper and then back again.
If you change a drive or rename one, you're going to lose what used to be scanned in.  You'll need to edit your source again.  Even if it shows it is pointing correctly, 'browse' and direct it again and go through the rest of the scanning in procedure including setting content.  When it asks if you want to scan again, press yes.  Essentially, you're adding a source even though it shows it is already there.  I know it shouldn't be this difficult.  I just went through this yesterday.  On top of that, most of the custom artwork and custom sets are lost as well.  I have custom posters for example.  I turn off all scraping (No tmdb, nothing like that and select local only) and make certain use local artwork only is selected including artwork downloader.  After it scans, no artwork, synopsis, etc. shows at all even though there is plenty inside each folder beside the title.  So I scan again using tmdb only.  Once I begin to scan, most of my custom local artwork is overwritten forcing me to manually do it all over again and all the custom sets are lost too.  This has probably happened at least 10 times including yesterday.  I've also manually edited the sources.xml to no avail.  Just know you're not alone.
(2017-12-25, 00:05)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you change a drive or rename one, you're going to lose what used to be scanned in.  You'll need to edit your source again.  Even if it shows it is pointing correctly, 'browse' and direct it again and go through the rest of the scanning in procedure including setting content.  When it asks if you want to scan again, press yes.  Essentially, you're adding a source even though it shows it is already there.  I know it shouldn't be this difficult.  I just went through this yesterday.  On top of that, most of the custom artwork and custom sets are lost as well.  I have custom posters for example.  I turn off all scraping (No tmdb, nothing like that and select local only) and make certain use local artwork only is selected including artwork downloader.  After it scans, no artwork, synopsis, etc. shows at all even though there is plenty inside each folder beside the title.  So I scan again using tmdb only.  Once I begin to scan, most of my custom local artwork is overwritten forcing me to manually do it all over again and all the custom sets are lost too.  This has probably happened at least 10 times including yesterday.  I've also manually edited the sources.xml to no avail.  Just know you're not alone.
Yeah I did edit the source & rescan. Then I just deleted everything and made a new source to the new drive. When it scans, it shows it's scanning & updating library with the correct show names in the corner but when I go in my library there is nothing there. I had trouble the first time I used Kodi and scanning it all in, but I figured it out & most of it was naming and file structure. This time I really don't know what it wants.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2017-12-25, 00:35)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 I don't even use addons?! I deleted a bunch so hopefully that was all of them...

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26248105
There are a couple of orphaned scripts that it's recommend you remove. You'll need to do it manually with Windows file manager without Kodi running.

Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.6.2.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p/addons

And remove

script.covenant.metadata
script.covenant.artwork
Well, I went and uninstalled & deleted everything and reinstalled fresh to get rid of those things and it turns out it fixed my library scrapping problem too somehow.