Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi and android clean shutdown with remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

After some years using android tv boxes running Kodi I am always coming around a recurrent issue : kodi's playback becomes laggy after getting back from standby mode.

Over the time, I tried multiple things to fix those kind of issues, some of them work, but nothing is satisfying me enough.

No matter on which hardware or android release, I found that the only reliable way of running Kodi smoothly is to start the box from scratch on each use. By doing so I have no issue anymore.

After all it's not a big deal since most of those boxes are booted in less than 30 seconds.

Ok, that being said, now here is what I want to do in order to automate this process a little bit :

1) On my remote, I press the standby button
2) Kodi exit cleanly
3) Android power's off

Then, in order to power the stuff back on, the box power adapter is connected to an IR powerplug which, when triggered and power restored, will simply let android boot-up. Easy as that :-)

Does anybody know how I can achieve points 2) and 3) ? Maybe some plugin ? Thanks :-)