Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] Channel4 Catchup - 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) Plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
castalla Wrote:Thanks. Interesting - how do I apply it?

two ticks ill post a new addon zipfile

EDIT attached, it should update, if not, uninstall the plugin, and make sure there isn't a addons/packages/plugin.video.4od.zip

then "install from zip file"

EDIT2: updated addon.xml
Hi will this work with ATV2?
MitzS Wrote:Hi will this work with ATV2?

DStu Wrote:Got this working on my ATV2 along with iPlayer and ITV player. All works like a dream!

a couple of posts up..
Errr ... can't see any changes. Same as before: choice of play or download.

No version change. I uninstalled the existing plugin - checked to zip in any plugin folders. Installed from zip.

What changes should I see and where? In configuration?
castalla Wrote:Errr ... can't see any changes. Same as before: choice of play or download.

No version change. I uninstalled the existing plugin - checked to zip in any plugin folders. Installed from zip.

What changes should I see and where? In configuration?

The lack of the version change is a mistake, I uploaded the wrong addon.xml...

But no matter what if you followed my instructions you should have seen the extra option in the Addon settings dialog, and been able to select your preference...

its up to you to be able to install it properly, sorry if that sounds harsh.

EDIT: I just checked and there was nothing wrong with addon.xml - you just didn't remove .xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.4od.zip like I mentioned
Thanks for your patence!

Yep - you were correct - I missed the addons/plugin directory deletion.

Working now.
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before...I have spent two nights now searching through this forum (which is excellent btw), but I can't seem to find anything in laymans terms which can help me!

I am overseas and running Witopia VPN to get a UK IP address, so I can usually access sites such as 4OD and BBC iPlayer. I've just bought a dedicated Media PC running Windows 7 which is connected straight into my TV so I am very new to XBMC. I thought I'd try this addon since it sounds amazing!

My problem is that I cannot play nor download any 4OD programmes. I have pasted my XBMC log (I hope) here . It seems maybe the version of RTMP Dump I have may not be working? Other than that, this is all foreign to me so please forgive me if this has been covered before!

I am havng the same issues with ITV Player too, so I assume it is something to do with my setup! I have followed the instructions (or so I thought!).

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give.

Chris
I'll try to help ... but I'm not too technical, so I can only suggest general ideas.

Looks like you have xbmc Dharma?

As far as I know, 4od and itvplayer only work with the pre-Eden builds. You need to install the latest nightly. Then reinstall 4od.

itvplayer needs additional folders creating - reinstall it, then create an Images and a Subtitles folder in:

C:\Users\Home Media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.itv

What speed is your broadband? 4od buffers badly if it is less than 2mb.
Hello Castalla, thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded my version of XBMC from the main site (10.1)...I read about per-Eden, etc but have no idea which version number this is. I'll plug it into Google.

I created the two folders for ITV Player as described already (that was one bit I did understand lol).

My current BB speed is 8MBps (consistent average of 6-7MB) so that shouldn't be an issue. Even connected to the VPN pulls in 6MB (and it works fine on the 4OD site).

Thanks again for your responses

Chris
UPDATE: I intalled the latest nightly XBMC version from the website and playback seems to work now. Downloading appears to work but after only a few seconds I get "download complete" when it isn't actually saved anywhere. Guess that's an RTMP issue.

Also, ITV player still doesn't work but I'll try reinstalling that again and post i the relevant thread.

Chris
Get the latest rtmpdump - extract to a new folder and point 4od to the new rtmpdump.exe file.
i am also having problems with 4oD it brings everything up but will not allow me 2 play anything says its working then stops. any ideas on my atv2
both itv and 4od give script error on eden beta any fix for this please
ok got 40d sorted now working perfect followed the helpful instuctions found here ...just itv to sort now ...script error after choosing program to play
class, so now i got BBC iPlayer and 4oD....dont watch ITV unless its the champions league so im all set!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12