Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make customized widgets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This probably isn't a skin-specific issue but I figured this is a good place to start. Please feel free to move the thread if needed.

I'm using Arctic: Zephyr+, and I'm using a smart playlist for a "Up next to watch" widget. Code is as follows:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV Shows-Recently Watched</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="true" />
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>

This works perfectly to display shows with any unwatched episodes for any shows the family has watched recently. Where it fails is when a new episode is added for a show that we haven't watched recently (such as a season premier). I have a separate smart playlist that serves this purpose, code below:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV Shows-Recently Added</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="isnot">
        <value>TV Shows-Recently Watched</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>5</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

Ideally I'd probably like two separate widgets for the TV Shows menu item, one for each of these playlists, but it seems like that's really complicated with Arctic: Zephyr, so I'm looking at other options. I'd like to combine these somehow into a single widget. Combining them into a smart playlist doesn't work, because basing a smart playlist on another smart playlist ignores the order and limit of the original playlists. Is there an add-on that can create custom widgets that I could use for this purpose, or do I have to code my own add-on maybe? If the latter is the case, can anyone recommend an add-on to start tinkering with (Library Data Provider maybe?) or a resource for writing one from scratch?

Thanks in advance for any help!
is there a way to get the TV EPG show up as a widget? i only can assign it to a action but not as a widget...

also im looking for a widget to show favourites?

i was thinking about  multiple favourites groups (fav1, fav2, fav3) and a widget where i can select wich group is displayed in the widget...
its a little bit complicated to explain in englisch ...
this would be nice for creating new menus....