Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A Pause in Playback ... Any Tips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Kodi (within LibraElec) on Raspberry Pi with a Passport Terabyte Drive as a portable media device. I have MP4's of movies I own on DVD. The problem I am experiencing is that whenever I start playing a movie, it pauses less that one minute into the show and then "sticks" for up to a minute before resuming playback. When it resumes playback, it plays back at a rapid speed until it "catches up" to where it would otherwise be had it not stuck in the first place.

Other than this nit-picky issue, playback is perfect. Is there a fix for this? Anyone else experience this issue and find a workaround? Am I doing something wrong with my setup?

I do not experience any similar issues with music files.
Have you changed any caching options or anything like that?

I run a very similar setup and don't have the issue at all.

A debug log (wiki) of such a playback may help - details on how to get it are in the next post.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2017-12-29, 13:23)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Have you changed any caching options or anything like that?

I run a very similar setup and don't have the issue at all.

A debug log (wiki) of such a playback may help - details on how to get it are in the next post.
 Actually, I have not modified anything. I basically used it straight from the package kit I purchased with no tweaks. I will look into a debug log and post that ASAP.
The other question is how are you powering the drive? Directly to the Pi or via a hub?

I had some issues with the direct connection for all but the strongest power supply, but adding a powered hub in or using a WD PiDrive cable (one of these ) helped.

In my case it was unreliably detected, but it could perhaps cause other issues. But your scenario sounds like buffering for some reason. Anyway the log will tell if the cache has been altered.