Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All setting gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I haven't used my RPI in a while. Now after switching on setting are gone. This basically means the extra nodes for the main menu are missing and the playlist that were under this nodes have gone too. 
I'm on OSMC 2017/09/2
What am I supposed to do?
Thanks!
Which version were you on before?

A debug log may give some clues.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks a lot! Here it is:
https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/26279191/
Unfortunately that doesn't provide much detail. It would be interesting to know if a recent update did this.

Can you upload a full set of logs via My OSMC -> Logs and give us the URL?

Sam
It looks like you have been updating reasonably regularly.

The system looks OK, but my recommendations are:
  • Force a filesystem check. You'll need to use the command line (https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-t...mand-line/) to do this. This will force an integrity check of the root filesystem on your SD card.
    • Type sudo touch /forcefsck
    • Reboot
  • Take a backup. You can either do this via My OSMC, or take a complete SD card backup on a PC.
  • Look out for the SD card. SD card failures are usually silent, but can result in sporadic data loss or a sudden lack of persistence, i.e. changes to files or settings no longer being retained
I had thought that you may have recently upgraded from Kodi v16 (Jarvis), but this is seemingly not the case.
(2017-12-30, 07:01)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you have been updating reasonably regularly.

The system looks OK, but my recommendations are:
  • Force a filesystem check. You'll need to use the command line (https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-t...mand-line/) to do this. This will force an integrity check of the root filesystem on your SD card.
    • Type sudo touch /forcefsck
    • Reboot
  • Take a backup. You can either do this via My OSMC, or take a complete SD card backup on a PC.
  • Look out for the SD card. SD card failures are usually silent, but can result in sporadic data loss or a sudden lack of persistence, i.e. changes to files or settings no longer being retained
I had thought that you may have recently upgraded from Kodi v16 (Jarvis), but this is seemingly not the case. 
Hi,
thank you for your advice. Yes I have installed all updates... 
I have forced a system check as you recommended - actually using WinSCP - but nothing seems to have changed. Will there be any confirmation window or system reply provided?
I think I will just try and repair the profile and then do a backup... it's just almost impossible to configure KODI to your liking when it seems to reverse to default...