Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video but no sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, hope you can help!  My friend sat (can you believe it?!!) on my kodi keyboard and the sound has mysteriously now disappeared from my Samsung tv.  I have tried the usual tricks +/F8/F10 and reset the settings to default but to no avail.  Please help as there is no indication that the sound is on mute but it obviously is!  TIA.
Play something, open the on screen display and select settings (the cog icon).

Go to audio and subtitle settings and check the first two entries (volume and volume amplification).
(2017-12-29, 22:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Play something, open the on screen display and select settings (the cog icon).

Go to audio and subtitle settings and check the first two entries (volume and volume amplification).
 Hey thanks for replying.  These are both on 0 - is that right?  And both have the circle illuminated white if that makes sense.
No, the volume amplification should be higher - mine is at full (60.0db). Zero will probably mute things.

The volume itself is Max at 0.0db .

Basically use the two sliders just beside the entries and set them fully to the right.
(2017-12-29, 22:55)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]No, the volume amplification should be higher - mine is at full (60.0db). Zero will probably mute things.

The volume itself is Max at 0.0db .

Basically use the two sliders just beside the entries and set them fully to the right.
 I see - I've done that and its changed the Volume to -1.2db and the amplification to 60.0db but this hasn't made the sound come back on.  No idea what has happened.
So from that then it's just F8 for mute or + or = for volume up. Those are the only kodi keys for sound.

Keyboard (wiki)
(2017-12-29, 23:04)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]So from that then it's just F8 for mute or + or = for volume up. Those are the only kodi keys for sound.

Keyboard (wiki)
Unfortunately have tried that and still not working Sad
No idea then - those are the only sound settings I know in kodi.

Maybe double check it is kodi and not something on the TV itself?
(2017-12-29, 23:28)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]No idea then - those are the only sound settings I know in kodi.

Maybe double check it is kodi and not something on the TV itself?
thanks for trying.  it definitely is kodi and not the TV as have checked everything on there and nothing has changed and my friend only sat on the kodi keyboard - what a pain!
Kodi has it's own volume control, separate from your computer's volume.

+ volume up
= volume up
- volume down

Try those, it should work.
(2017-12-30, 21:33)spyramyr Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi has it's own volume control, separate from your computer's volume.

+ volume up
= volume up
- volume down

Try those, it should work.
thanks, I've tried those and unfortunately it still hasn't fixed the problem.  I have no idea what has happened.