Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Location video files /var/media/HDD and remote Kodi instances?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running KODI on LibreELEC with a shared movie library (mySQL in a Docker container). Works great. One thing I can't figure out to change the way I want to is the location/mapping of the video source files. Movies are on a external HDD connected to the Pi and is mounted at /var/media/HDD. In KODI on the Pi the movie library is added with this physical location. On any remote KODI (which connects to MySQL via advancedsettings.xml) I have to create workarounds to get these remote KODI's to access /var/media/HDD. Got it fixed everytime but isn't there a way to differently attach the HDD (samba share, upnp, ...) so that all remote KODI's directly can access /var/media/HDD on the Pi? Thanks!
Okay...sorry. Found it. Attached the HDD as a SMB share instead of via root file system and works directly on all remote KODI's (my artwork is back ;-)). Could there be any performance difference I wonder? Not that I've experienced it in the last few minutes but more in general/theoretical. SMB-share or directly? Thx, CM.
(2017-12-30, 08:21)ClenMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I've experienced it in the last few minutes but more in general/theoretical
If you haven't noticed a significant difference, then there probably isn't one. Smile
On the other hand, the RPi isn't the fastest device for Kodi to begin with.
Thread marked solved.