Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI on Ubuntu 16.04 can't access artwork from samba share on Rpi/LibreELEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Can't get KODI to show posters from my movies in central library. Works perfect from any Windows/KODI machine. The Samba share is normally accessible, also from Ubuntu.
All metadata from my MySQL db is available. But somehow my smb://192.168.178.200/Movies/ isn't accessible from KODI in Ubuntu? The share is normally accessible with smbclient or Nautilus, is mountable, etc...

Any help?

Check your SMB server version. Kodi defaults to SMBv2 these days.
(2017-12-30, 20:03)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Check your SMB server version. Kodi defaults to SMBv2 these days.
 Hi, when I ssh to the rpi/LE and enter smbd -V it shows version 4.6.10. I've set the client min/max protocols in my local (Ubuntu box) smb.conf. Don't wont to downgrade my LE/KODI to accept SMBv1.

Not sure where to search / understand your question?
(2017-12-30, 20:10)ClenMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-30, 20:03)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Check your SMB server version. Kodi defaults to SMBv2 these days.
 Hi, when I ssh to the rpi/LE and enter smbd -V it shows version 4.6.10. I've set the client min/max protocols in my local (Ubuntu box) smb.conf. Don't wont to downgrade my LE/KODI to accept SMBv1.

Not sure where to search / understand your question? 
Solved it. Had to set the Samba max. protocol in the KODI GUI too (max. SMB3) and now things rock again...
Thread marked solved.