Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sharing Kodi database between gamertag profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to share the kodi database between multiple gamertag profiles on the same Xbox unit? There are some apps, such as Netflix, that share login information across multiple profiles. .... So it might be feasible?

With the alpha version, Kodi is a blank slate if I change profiles. Which requires a complete setup and rescan of the library. Not only is this extra work, but a waste of harddrive space.
You can do this by creating an advancedsettings.xml file and telling Kodi to use a MySQL database. You would need to run MySQL somewhere on a server or NAS though. I'm using MariaDB on a Synology NAS and it works great.
Are you doing this on Xbox ? Have you had any issues with it after a reboot or logout login ?
(2018-01-01, 13:23)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this by creating an advancedsettings.xml file and telling Kodi to use a MySQL database. You would need to run MySQL somewhere on a server or NAS though. I'm using MariaDB on a Synology NAS and it works great.

Thank you for the suggestion, but that doesn’t solve the root cause of the issue. It’s a workaround.
Doesnt netflix do the exact same thing? Common database stored elsewhere (the cloud)? Or how do you mean what netflix does would compare to kodi?
(2018-02-07, 11:10)bo1e Wrote: [ -> ]Doesnt netflix do the exact same thing? Common database stored elsewhere (the cloud)? Or how do you mean what netflix does would compare to kodi?
 Yes, Netflix stores most information in the cloud, but I think what JonnyVee means is that Netflix stores your login info somewhere such that it is accessible by multiple gamertags on one XBOX (meaning multiple users do not need to sign in separately). If Kodi could do this, all libraries and settings could be shared across gamertags in the same way, which would be awesome.