Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proxy not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I am dealing with serious problem on my Kodi (17.3) running on RaspberryPi2.
I have working proxy server (Squid3 on Ubuntu) which I verified is working on my Windows PC - when I enebled proxy (ip on port 3128) I was able to reach geo blocked content live stream.

When I put in the exact same proxy settings into Kodi on my RaspberryPi2 it is not working properly - without proxy I get info content is blocked message, with proxy enabled I just get 1 second circle (like when loading) and nothing happened (no stream, no info about geo block, no error). I checked squid log and connection reached it, and there is no error (just http 200 and 206)

Then I tried to install kodi on my windows PC - verified stream is blocked. Then I put proxy settings and content was unblocked and playing without problem.

Because I see in the Kodi proxy settings also user name and password I configured my proxy to ask for credentials and added credentials to Kodi (proved working in the PC browser again) - no change on Rasp2, stream did not start without any error. When I addded credentials into Kodi installed on Windows stream was working well.

Do you know what could be wrong? did someone experience this? I would like to avoid use VPN as I expect proxy could be in theory faster and also I have proxy under my own maintenance so it´s beneficial for me. So I really want to go way with proxy

Many thanks for any helpful answers
Hi guys,
any hint here?

Thanks
Got exactly same problem. Same proxy settings, Kodi on Windows works, Kodi on Raspberry (OSMC) doesn't work
Proxies and VPNs are not an intrinsic or necessary part to have Kodi to work properly. See our VPN policy (wiki) for further info.
check https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16336
anyway you can still write and call local webservice which will forward requests via proxy
By default on Linux (unless the add-on implements proper Proxy support) only HTTP proxy support works *and* it only works when you reboot after making a change.
So that is the reason why most people complain that Proxy support is broken on Linux.

Kodi does not give an indication that a reboot is required.
And some add-ons implemented complete Proxy support (i.e. both HTTP and Socks, and it works straight away).