Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [KODI 17 Krypton] video freezing on Kodi 17.6 vs. Kodi 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
I encounter a strange pb when playing a mkv H.264 720p on Kodi 17.6 / cubox-i : the image freeze a little moment (from 1 to ~10 sec) while the audio works fine.
This appears several times during the movie and always at the same moment for the same duration (so easily reproductable).

The mkv file is local (on an attached USB 2.0 drive). 
The problem does no appear on all my H.264 720p mkv files.
I'm using audio pass-through for all my test.

I tried to play the same mkv file on Kodi 16 / cubox-i and there are NO image freezing at all ! So the file seems not corrupted.

I tried the same mkv file on 2 different cubox-i distribs : xbian and geexbox (both with Kodi 17.6) and same image freezing problem.

I also tried to force a buffered local video playing with an advancedsettings.xml (buffer) but nothing helps.
I saw some related posts with "disabling DXVA2" solution but I have no such hardware acceleration toggles on my kodi GUI (?!?).

Here a complete debug log of a video playing just before and while an image freezing.

Thanks for any help !
Jean-Luc
Hello, 
I can just confirm that have the same issue.   And also know that it related to version of KODI. There was not freezes on Kodi 16, but when upgraded issues started even on the same files on the same NFS folder. (actually  living with these issues probably year) Tested  3 different distributions with KODI (Openelec, Libreelec and xbian). Issue the same on all.  It is freezing then on the same file always at the same location.  
Device : Cubox-i4