Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [kodi 18 leia] FireTV Gen 2 video problem with picture slideshow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd found a thread where people where people were stating that GoPro videos weren't play back on 17.6.  Someone fixed the issue and suggested downloading a nightly build of 18.

This fixed my issue with GoPro videos when you use the picture slideshow feature to browse directly to a video an play it.  However, the same video when encountered by a recursive slideshow will not play.  I see a single line of pixels from the video on the bottom of the screen and hear the audio but the rest of the screen is blank.  

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Here's a video of the issue.   As you can see I start a recursive slideshow with folders than only contain video.  The video player icon shows up, disappears and you see the one line of video at the bottom of the TV.  It almost appears as if the dialog for the video player is still covering the video.  Also notice that once I go back to the slideshow menu, you can see the video playing correctly under the GUI.  If I then move to the controls on the left and select the maximize icon, the video correctly plays.

Again, if I browse directly to a video file and play, it works fine.  It's only when a video is encountered in a slideshow that this happens.

https://youtu.be/j0YOuAqRbn0
Hello ReverseEngineer

Can you also \ provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Hi Karellen,

I repeated the same sequence as in the video.  If you search for .mp4 in the log you'll see where I started to play the video.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26326751/

Thanks,

Mike
Don't know if this helps but I tried the PC version and I don't see the issue.  I'm only seeing it on the FireTV.