Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to stop showing Now Playing controls when doing fast forward/backward or pausing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make kodi not show the video Now Playing OSD controls when doing fast forward/backward or just pausing via the keyboard (without moving the mouse)? It's annoying and sometimes I do it to catch a subtitle and the OSD gets in the way. There's a dirty workaround for disabling it for pausing but I want to know if there is a setting I might have missed that could disable this behavior.
Moved to the Estuary section, as it seems a generic Estuary skin question.

PS: I agree by the way, the OSD should be a bit less invasive on subtitles in case of fast forward/backward or pausing.
(2018-01-05, 11:14)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to the Estuary section, as it seems a generic Estuary skin question.

PS: I agree by the way, the OSD should be a bit less invasive on subtitles in case of fast forward/backward or pausing.
I didn't know it was skin specific. Do you know of any skins that don't behave this way?
Each skin has its own OSD layout, and some have options to (not) display the OSD during pause.
Unfortunately I do not know all settings for each skin by heart, AKA I have no photographic memory.

One option is to simply install each skin and see what happens.
I would make a full backup of your kodi profile folder before you do that.
OSD in kodi is often quite annoying. I got rid of that osd when paused or seeking by removing "Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] |" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogSeekBar.xml".